This Christmas salad recipe came from my dear friend, Jackie, in Ohio. She brought it to our recipe club Christmas dinner a few years back. It is simple, elegant and so delicious!! It looks beautiful on the table this time of year. Enjoy~
1 pint fresh red raspberries
1 bag organic baby spinach, washed at patted dry
1/2 cup glazed walnuts (you can use plain, toasted walnuts)
1/2 bottle of Raspberry Walnut Vinaigrette Salad dressing (such as Newman’s Own)
Wash raspberries and pat dry. Toss all ingredients together and mix well. Serve immediately. Serves 4-6 people.
I am also sharing a recipe for homemade glazed walnuts. You can do this with pecans, too. In a large microwave safe bowl mix 2 cups chopped walnuts, 1/4 cup water and 3/4 cups sugar. Microwave for 3 minutes, stir and then microwave for an additional 3-5 minutes (depending on the wattage of your microwave oven. Nuts should be covered with a caramelized mixture, but check often so they don’t burn. Spread on a parchment lined cookie sheet to harden. Store in an airtight container.
I hope your holidays are filled with blessings and joy!!
- 1 pint fresh red raspberries
- 1 bag organic baby spinach, washed at patted dry
- 1/2 cup glazed walnuts (you can use plain, toasted walnuts)
- 1/2 bottle of Raspberry Walnut Vinaigrette Salad dressing (such as Newman's Own)
- Wash raspberries and pat dry.
- Toss all ingredients together and mix well.
- Serve immediately.