This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
A sweet and savory Paleo chicken salad recipe made with boneless chicken, grapes, celery, toasted pecans, Paleo mayonnaise, and fresh tarragon.
This Paleo-friendly chicken salad is simple and delicious. This is one of my go-to Paleo lunch recipes. There are so many flavors and textures in this Paleo Chicken Salad that make it over-the-top delicious, especially the fresh tarragon. Even if you’re not a strict Paleo eater (I’m definitely not), you can make this recipe with regular or olive oil blend mayonnaise. Wrap it up in lettuce and enjoy.
How To Make Paleo Chicken Salad
- Cooked and Shredded boneless chicken breast
- Seedless grapes
- Raw pecans or raw slivered almonds
- Sweet Onion
- Homemade or store-bought Paleo mayonnaise
- celery seed
- cayenne pepper
- fresh tarragon
What To Serve With Chicken Salad
My favorite things to serve with chicken salad are:
- Romaine lettuce leaves for making wraps
- Mixed leafy greens (to serve as a salad)
- Whole-grain bread
- Whole-grain crackers (you can easily find Paleo-friendly crackers made with almond flour)
- Sliced cucumbers (top each slice with a spoonful of chicken salad)
- Tomatoes (core a fresh tomato and stuff with chicken salad)
- Fresh fruit
Use a store-bought rotisserie chicken to save prep time!
If you love chicken salad, check out more of my favorite chicken salad recipes!
Paleo Chicken Salad
- 2½ cups cooked & shredded chicken breast meat leftover rotisserie chicken works great & saves time
- 1 cup seedless grapes sliced in half
- ½ cup chopped raw pecans or slivered raw almonds toasted
- ½ cup finely sliced celery
- 2 tbsp very finely diced sweet onion
- ½ cup Paleo mayo more or less to your taste, I use just enough to wet my chicken salad without everything swimming in mayo
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp fresh ground pepper
- ½ tsp celery seed
- *optional: 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh tarragon
- dash cayenne pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well
- Serve over fresh greens or wrap in lettuce