If you’ve never tried this cooking method for shrimp, then you’re in for a treat with this salt roasted shrimp recipe. This mess-free method is such an easy way to make perfectly cooked moist shrimp, by simply roasting them in their shell over a bed of rock salt. You’ll need a heavy cast-iron skillet for best results. You can even toss peppercorns and herbs in the mix for added flavor infusion. Also,don’t miss out on the dipping sauce, it makes these salt roasted shrimp over-the-top amazing!
- 1 lb Colossal Wild-Caught Gulf Shrimp
- 2-3 cups rock salt
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup butter with olive oil and sea salt Land O' Lakes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Italian parsley
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Spread rock salt in the bottom of a large cast iron skillet, enough to cover the bottom about an inch thick
- Place skillet in the hot oven for 5-7 minutes to get really hot, then arrange shrimp (shell-on) on top of the salt
- Roast the shrimp on the salt for 6-7 minutes, until just opaque in the center.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat, then add the lemon, garlic and parsley
- Stir until garlic is soft, then serve with the roasted shrimp for dipping.
*I recommend getting your seafood from our gulf coast waters, so check your packaging to see where your shrimp were harvested.
You can learn more about gulf seafood and the importance of knowing your source in my post about My Gulf Coast Experience with The Gulf Seafood Marketing Coalition.