I have been admiring the mini parfait glasses at Pier1 for months, but added them to my “want but do not need list” for party entertaining. However, I was super pumped when I found them at Marshall’s for less than half the price! Score!!
There are so many fun things that you can serve in these mini dishes. I love them for layered desserts, but they also make perfect glasses for serving shrimp cocktail. I added a small romaine leaf, cocktail sauce, a medium size peeled shrimp, freshly squeezed lemon juice and a little lemon zest. They make a beautiful presentation and a tasty bite-sized tapas dish. This is a healthy holiday appetizer that you can feel great about serving to your guests! Enjoy~
Cooked fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined (tail on) you can use frozen cooked shrimp, just thaw according to package directions
zest of one lemon
juice of one lemon
cocktail sauce (recipe below)
1 cup organic ketchup
3 tbsp horseradish (or more to taste)
3 tsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp Worchestershire sauce
dash Tabasco sauce
Mix all ingredients and serve with shrimp.
Place a small romaine leaf in each mini parfait glass. Add cocktail sauce and place shrimp on top. Squeeze a little lemon juice over each shrimp and top with a little lemon zest. Easy breezy and oh so elegant! Chill until ready to serve.
Shrimp Shooters Appetizers
A delicious shrimp cocktail appetizer served in miniature parfait glasses.
- 12 large tail-on shrimp, cooked, peeled and deveined. Leave tail on. *
- 12 romaine lettuce leaves
- zest of one lemon
- juice of one lemon
- cocktail sauce (recipe below)
- 12 mini parfait glasses
For Cocktail Sauce
- 1 cup organic ketchup
- 3 tbsp horseradish (or more to taste)
- 3 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Worchestershire sauce
- dash salt
- dash Tabasco sauce
- Add all cocktail sauce ingredients to a bowl and mix until well combined. Refrigerate until ready to assemble shooters.
- Place a small romaine leaf into each mini parfait glass. Add cocktail sauce and place shrimp on top. Squeeze a little lemon juice over each shrimp and top with a little lemon zest. Chill until ready to serve.
*You can also use frozen cooked shrimp, just thaw according to package directions