This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
A simple, yet elegant recipe for shrimp shooters with a homemade cocktail sauce that is perfect for your next party or holiday gathering.
I have been admiring the mini parfait glasses at Pier1 for months, but added them to my "want but do not need list" for party entertaining. However, I was super pumped when I found them at Marshall's for less than half the price! Score!!
There are so many fun things that you can serve in these mini dishes. I love them for layered desserts, but they also make perfect glasses for serving shrimp cocktail. I added a small romaine leaf, cocktail sauce, a medium-size peeled shrimp, freshly squeezed lemon juice, and a little lemon zest. They make a beautiful presentation and a tasty bite-sized tapas dish. This is a healthy and easy holiday appetizer recipe for entertaining guests.
If you don't have time to shop around, you can purchase these fun mini dessert parfait glasses on Amazon. They add a nice unique touch to your spread when hosting parties and entertaining.
How To Make Shrimp Shooters
- Cooked fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined (tail on) you can use frozen cooked shrimp, just thaw according to package directions
- Romaine leaves
- Zest of one lemon
- Juice of one lemon
- Cocktail sauce (easy recipe below)
How To Make Homemade Cocktail Sauce
1 cup ketchup
3 tbsp horseradish (or more to taste)
3 tsp fresh lemon juice
½ tsp Worchestershire sauce
dash Tabasco sauce
Mix all ingredients and serve with shrimp.
Place a small romaine leaf in each mini parfait glass. Add cocktail sauce and place shrimp on top. Squeeze a little lemon juice over each shrimp and top with a little lemon zest. Easy breezy and oh so elegant! Chill until ready to serve.
Shrimp Shooters Appetizers with Homemade Cocktail Sauce
- For Shooters:
- 12 large tail-on shrimp cooked, peeled and deveined. Leave tail on. *
- 12 romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 tsp lemon zest about one whole lemon zested
- juice of one lemon
- cocktail sauce recipe below
- 12 mini parfait glasses
- For Cocktail Sauce:
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 tbsp horseradish or more to taste
- 3 tsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- dash salt
- dash Tabasco sauce
- Add all cocktail sauce ingredients to a bowl and mix until well combined. Refrigerate until ready to assemble shooters.
- Place a small romaine leaf into each mini parfait glass. Add cocktail sauce and place shrimp on top. Squeeze a little lemon juice over each shrimp and top with a little lemon zest. Chill until ready to serve.