I was served a memorable snack at Blog Brûlée last month that inspired today’s recipe for Smoked Salmon Shooters. It was Cured Salmon with Skyr served in small mason jars presented by Siggi’s Dairy. It was scrumptious!
This week’s Sunday Supper theme is all about making your holiday entertaining a breeze with easy holiday recipes. These gorgeous little appetizers are impressive to serve, but very simple to throw together. Ya’ll know I’m all about healthy and easy!
Smoked salmon is one of my all-time favorite appetizer ingredients. It’s full of flavor, loaded with heart-healthy fats and muscle-building protein and adds beautiful color to a dish. Another favorite yogurt & salmon appetizer on the blog are these Yogurt & Chive Potato Rounds with Smoked Salmon & Capers. They would also make a nice addition to your holiday spread.
Serve these smoked salmon shooters with bagel chips or toasted pumpernickel bread slices. Make sure you have spoons handy so your guests can just scoop them out and spread on top. You can also enjoy these as a gluten-free appetizer and eat them without the bread and chips. They are amazing all on their own. I don’t know about you, but I’m ready for a party!
Smoked Salmon Shooters #SundaySupper
*Inspired by and adapted from Siggi's Cured Salmon with Skyr recipe
- 2 cups (2 or 4%) Skyr or Greek plain yogurt
- 4 tbsp red onion, finely diced
- 2 tsp fresh lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp fresh dill, finely chopped (plus more for garnishing)
- 1 mini seedless cucumber, peeled and finely diced
- 6 oz sliced Wild Alaskan smoked salmon
- 2 tbsp capers
- Everything bagel chips for serving
- Combine yogurt, salt, lemon zest, dill and red onion in a small bowl
- Add half of the finely chopped cucumber to yogurt mix and stir to combine
- Fill a pastry bag or large ziploc bag with yogurt mixture
- Snip a large hole of the end of the bag, so that the mixture can squeeze through
- Fill 16 mini serving glasses half way with yogurt mixture
- Top with remaining cucumbers
- Add small slices of smoked salmon
- Garnish with capers and fresh dill sprigs
- Serve with Everything Bagel Chips or Toasted Pumpernickel bread slices
Don’t miss out on all of these other holiday party hits from my Sunday Supper friends below!
- Caramel Coffee by Party Food & Entertaining
- Christmas Cranberry Mojitos by Our Good Life
- European-Style Hot Chocolate by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate by My San Francisco Kitchen
- Pomegranate Sangria by The Redhead Baker
- Spiced Hot Milk Brandy by Nosh My Way
- Christmas Cranberry Dip by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Festive Shrimp Bites by The Freshman Cook
- Hot Crab Dip by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Krayl’s Easy Holiday Cheese Board by An Appealing Plan
- Mini Cheese Balls by Books n’ Cooks
- Pear Pancetta Goat Cheese Appetizer Bites by Food Done Light
- Beer Pull Apart Bread by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Ranch Buffalo Chicken Dip by Table for Seven
- Shrimp Puffs by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Smoked Salmon Dip by Palatable Pastime
- Smoked Salmon Shooters by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Spiced Nuts by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Tuscan White Bean and Sausage Dip by The Complete Savorist
- Ultimate Taco Dip by Momma’s Meals
Main and Side Dishes
- Fruited Wild Rice by Magnolia Days
- Harvest Roast Chicken with Grapes, Olives, and Potatoes by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Holiday Seafood Fest (La Grande Zuppa del Costiera Amalfitana) by Monica’s Table
- Make ahead Parmesan Mashed Potatoes by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pasta With Duck Sugo by The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
Desserts and Baked Goods
- Apple Brown Betty by Curious Cuisiniere
- Apple Panna Cotta by Caroline’s Cooking
- Banana Coconut Lime Bundt Cake by Desserts Required
- Chocolate Sheet Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cinnamon Raisin Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Gluten Free Key Lime Tartlets by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Grown Up Peppermint Bark with Sambuca by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Microwave Carob Fudge by Pies and Plots
- Orange and Dark Chocolate Chunk Scones by The Texan New Yorker
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread by Ruffles & Truffles
Plus a No Stress Party Checklist and Recipes for Easy Entertaining by Sunday Supper
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
What is your favorite holiday entertaining recipe?