I was served a memorable snack at Blog Brûlée last month that inspired today's recipe for Smoked Salmon Shooters. It was Cured Salmon with Skyr served in small mason jars presented by Siggi's Dairy. It was so good that I HAD to recreate a recipe post to share.
I'm all about making your holiday entertaining a breeze with easy holiday recipes. These gorgeous little appetizers are impressive to serve, but very simple to throw together. Ya'll know I'm all about healthy and easy!
Smoked salmon is one of my all-time favorite appetizer ingredients. It's full of flavor, loaded with heart-healthy fats and muscle-building protein and adds beautiful color to a dish. Another favorite yogurt & salmon appetizer on the blog are these Yogurt & Chive Potato Rounds with Smoked Salmon & Capers. They would also make a nice addition to your holiday spread.
Serve these smoked salmon shooters with bagel chips or toasted pumpernickel bread slices. Make sure you have spoons handy so your guests can just scoop them out and spread on top. You can also enjoy these as a gluten-free appetizer and eat them without the bread and chips. They are amazing all on their own. I don't know about you, but I'm ready for a party!
How fun are these smoked salmon shooters to serve?!
What is your favorite holiday entertaining recipe? Tag me on social to share!
Smoked Salmon Shooters
- 2 cups 4% Skyr or Greek plain yogurt or 2%
- 4 tablespoon red onion finely diced
- 2 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon fresh dill finely chopped (plus more for garnishing)
- 1 mini seedless cucumber peeled and finely diced
- 6 oz sliced Wild Alaskan smoked salmon
- 2 tablespoon capers
- Everything bagel chips for serving
- Combine yogurt, salt, lemon zest, dill and red onion in a small bowl
- Add half of the finely chopped cucumber to yogurt mix and stir to combine
- Fill a pastry bag or large ziploc bag with yogurt mixture
- Snip a large hole of the end of the bag, so that the mixture can squeeze through
- Fill 16 mini serving glasses half way with yogurt mixture
- Top with remaining cucumbers
- Add small slices of smoked salmon
- Garnish with capers and fresh dill sprigs
- Serve with Everything Bagel Chips or Toasted Pumpernickel bread slices
- Mocha Protein Shake - March 15, 2023
- San Marzano Pizza Sauce - March 13, 2023
- Whipped Feta Dip with Roasted Tomatoes and Olives - March 6, 2023
Subscribe for 5 protein-packed one-dish dinners delivered straight to your INBOX!
These 5 easy protein-packed one-dish recipes make mealtime a breeze!
I am always looking for new ways to serve smoked salmon and this is genius!!! SO beautiful, Amee!!!
Wendy, A Day in the Life on the Farm
A Spoonful of Spain
What beautiful presentation! The combination of flavours sounds so delicious!
Pretty AND Fancy! Pretty Fancy! Have a great week Amee 🙂
Thank you Jennifer! Back at ya!
These look absolutely amazing! My 12 yo son LOVES smoked salmon-these would be a great after school snack too! Can't wait to do some shots 🙂
Thank you so much EA!
That is a gorgeous presentation!! I love smoked salmon too!
The presentation of these shooters is GORGEOUS. I wish it was safe to host a party right now -- these would be on the menu! For now, I've just been making them as snacks for my kids. It feels like a waste to give them my good smoked salmon, but if it gets some protein in them, I guess I can't complain!
Thanks Hannah! I love it! That's an epic kids snack! 🙂
These look yummy. I haven't made them yet. I'm planning them for a bridal shower next month. What size are your glass shooters? Are they 2 oz.? I'm looking online to buy those first.
Hi Nancy! The 2oz and 3oz glasses work well for this recipe. I have the 2oz glasses. I hope that you enjoy them!