Need a tasty, gluten-free, and protein-rich recipe for your next party? Smoked salmon potato rounds are the perfect fix! This delicious appetizer recipe is a twist on potato skins made with thinly sliced roasted potato slices topped with a creamy yogurt chive sauce, wild-caught smoked salmon, and capers. These potato rounds are a perfect healthy Superbowl appetizer or elegant, bite-sized, snack for your next gathering.
I recommend serving them immediately for the best taste and texture of the potatoes. Go for wild-caught smoked salmon, it has fewer calories than farmed salmon (about 32%!), more calcium, iron, potassium, and less sodium. Farmed fish also packs three times more saturated fat as wild salmon, so go wild!! You can also find this recipe featured on IdahoPotato.com.
How To Make Smoked Salmon Potato Rounds
First, preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Prepare the potatoes by washing, patting dry, slicing, and tossing with olive oil. Place potatoes onto a baking sheet with a Silpat mat or parchment paper, season with salt and pepper, and bake for 15 minutes.
Flip potatoes and bake for 10 minutes more on the other side. Set potatoes aside to cool while you prepare the yogurt sauce.
Whisk together yogurt, dill, lemon zest, softened cream cheese, and salt.
Top the potato rounds with a dollop of yogurt dill sauce.
Finish with salmon, capers, and fresh sprigs of dill. Serve immediately.
More Delicious Salmon Recipes
Smoked Salmon Potato Rounds with Yogurt, Capers, and Chives
- 12 oz wild caught smoked Salmon
- 2 Idaho Russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice freshly squeezed
- ½ teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 4 oz plain Greek yogurt
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 3 tablespoon capers drained of juice
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Wash potatoes and pat dry.
- Slice potatoes about ¾ “ thickness and place into a large bowl of cold water to remove excess starch.
- Pat slices dry and place into a large bowl.
- Add olive oil and toss to coat.
- Place slices on a Silpat or parchment lined baking sheet and season lightly with salt and freshly cracked pepper.
- Bake potatoes for 15 minutes, flip and bake for 10 minutes more.
- Potatoes should be just lightly golden, not crunchy. Sprinkle potatoes with chopped fresh chives and set aside to cool.
- Whisk together chopped dill, lemon juice, lemon zest, Greek yogurt, cream cheese and salt.
- Top each potato round with 1-2 teaspoons of yogurt sauce, a slice of salmon, a few capers and a garnish sprig of fresh dill.
- Serve room temperature.
- Easy Orange Glazed Croissants Recipe with Crescent Rolls - November 28, 2023
- Easy Pancake Mix Cookies (Gluten-Free Option) - November 27, 2023
- Chocolate Protein Pancakes - November 20, 2023