This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
A classic Spanish style garlic shrimp tapas recipe made with extra virgin olive oil, garlic, sherry, and parsley.
Can you say easy peasy?!!! I love when recipes that taste this incredible whip up in a flash! The hardest part of making this Spanish Style Garlic Shrimp is slicing all the garlic and that’s just because I hate slicing and chopping, not because it’s really hard.
My husband says that one of these days I’m going to lose a finger. My knife skills could definitely use some work. I should really consider getting a pair of those mesh metal gloves.
Now on to this amazing shrimp dish…
This savory Spanish Style Garlic Shrimp dish is loaded with flavor!
Pair it with the chopped olives and a crusty loaf of bread and you have a tapas dish that will rock the party! This month’s Recipe Redux theme is all about tapas-style appetizers and small plates perfect for a party, bridal shower, picnic, or just a nice summer gathering of family and friends.
I picked something that I would love to eat in a tapas-style fashion and shrimp just happens to be one of my favorite hors d’oeurves. Shrimp is also a great source of protein and they cook so quickly that preparation is a breeze.
Make sure that you go for wild American shrimp and check your labels to know the sourcing of your seafood. You can read more about why I’m passionate about seafood sourcing in my recap post from my trip to the gulf shores last year.
More Tasty Shrimp Recipes
Barbecue Shrimp Over Aged Cheddar Polenta (a Cajun twist on shrimp and grits)
Bacon-Wrapped Grilled Shrimp with Adobo Seasoning
- 14 cloves garlic
- 1 lb raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- 8 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 dried chili guajillo pepper can sub red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp sherry vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives chopped
- 1 baguette loaf baked and sliced
- Combine shrimp, 2 tbsp olive oil, salt, baking soda and 2 cloves minced garlic together in a bowl.
- Toss well to coat, cover and set aside to marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat and add 6 tbsp olive oil.
- Smash 4 of the garlic cloves and add to oil.
- Cook until garlic is lightly golden, then transfer garlic to a small plate and set pan aside and turn off heat until shrimp has finished marinating.
- Slice 8 cloves of garlic into thin slices and return skillet to a low heat.
- Cook garlic slices and add in bay leaf and dried chili.
- Turn heat up to medium-low and add shrimp, cooking until just pink (about 2 minutes, turning them once)
- Increase heat to high and add sherry and parsley.
- Cook for 15-20 seconds and serve immediately with chopped olives and bread.
A perfect tapas plate. Not to mention, a mouthwatering flavor combination!