This clean-eating date dessert reminds me of one of my favorite southern treats, decadent pecan pie. The flavors are a heavenly blend, very rich and sweet with a melt-in-your-mouth texture. I could have eaten the whole pan……I had to exercise a lot of self-control! This recipe is adapted from Dates Stuffed with Goat Cheese from The Food Lover’s Kitchen (a wonderful Paleo recipe site). The recipe sounded amazing, but I wanted to try them with mascarpone cheese (my Italian favorite) and a drizzle of real maple syrup. I’m in love with this one! I bet you can’t eat just one. 😉
Mascarpone Stuffed Dates with Maple Drizzle
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 24 Medjool Dates pitted
- 6 oz Mascarpone cheese
- Grade A Dark Amber Maple Syrup about 2 tbsp for drizzling
- Turn on oven broiler and move oven rack to the top position.
- Slice dates lengthwise to remove pit and create an opening for the filling. Stuff dates with mascarpone cheese and sprinkle with finely chopped pecan crumbs.
- Place on parchment-lined baking sheet and drizzle with maple syrup.
- Broil 3 minutes or until lightly golden. Watch carefully so they do not burn! Allow to cool, slightly and enjoy warm or room temperature.
- Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
This recipe is adapted from Dates Stuffed with Goat Cheese from The Food Lover’s Kitchen