This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Bacon-wrapped stuffed dates are a quick and easy, gluten-free, dairy-free appetizer stuffed with almonds and baked in the oven to crispy perfection. This is the perfect sweet and savory appetizer recipe for your next cocktail party! Trust me, your guests will thank you. Because...well...bacon is life.
This simple appetizer recipe is so easy and delicious. I usually make a double batch because they disappear fast and you can never have enough of this bite-size goodness. The salty umami from the bacon combined with the gooey sweetness of the dates enhanced with the firm texture of the almond is just...well...perfection.
Some form of this bacon-wrapped date recipe has been in my life for years. I'm pretty sure that this appetizer is a southern thing. Perhaps there was an occasion where you discovered this magical combo, too. I know that I was hooked at the first bite. It's the perfect sweet/salty finger food, but definitely serve them with toothpicks because no one wants sticky fingers.
How To Make Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Dates
8 oz pitted Medjool dates
30 whole, unsalted almonds
12 slices bacon, cut into thirds
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Stuff pitted dates with almonds, I do one almond each and then wrap with a slice of bacon. Arrange in a glass baking dish.
Bake for 12-15 minutes. If you like the bacon a little more golden and crisp on top, turn on the broiler (watching carefully so they don't burn, it won't take long) and cook just long enough for the bacon to lightly brown. Drain grease and arrange on a platter. Serve with toothpicks warm or room temperature.
These delicious dates are seriously addictive!!
Check Out These Other Easy Appetizer Recipes!
Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Dates
- 8 oz pitted medjool dates
- 30 whole unsalted almonds
- 12 slices bacon cut into thirds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Stuff dates with almonds and then wrap with a slice of bacon. Arrange in a glass baking dish.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. If you like the bacon a little more golden and crisp on top, turn on the broiler (watching carefully so they don’t burn, it won’t take long) and cook just long enough for the bacon to lightly brown.
- Drain grease and arrange on a platter. Serve with toothpicks warm or at room temperature.