This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
These Tex-Mex Chicken Roll-ups are a family favorite recipe that I’ve been making for years. Anytime bacon is cooking, my kids run to the kitchen and ask what’s for dinner. It smells soooo good in the oven and who doesn’t get excited about the aroma of bacon?!! I highly recommend buying the thin sliced chicken cutlets for this dish. If you use regular breasts, you need to pound them out really thin with a meat mallet and that’s a real pain in the arse. They roll up better and stay put when the meat isn’t too thick. The result is tender, juicy and so flavorful! Don’t shy away from the fresh jalapeños. Seeding and sautéing them takes away most of the heat, so they don’t turn out very spicy.
Begin by laying out your chicken breasts and topping with cheeses, a few slices of sautéed jalapeño and sprinkle with adobo seasoning, salt and pepper.
Then roll up each breast, wrap tightly with a slice of bacon and place in a lightly greased 9×13 baking dish.
*Full recipe below.
TexMex Chicken Roll-UpsPrint Pin Rate
- 2 lbs thin sliced chicken cutlets
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 3/4 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 lb center cut bacon
- 3 large jalapeños thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Adobo seasoning blend
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Paprika to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Saute jalapeños in olive oil over medium heat until softened
- Lay out chicken cutlets and spread 2 tbsp cream cheese and 1 tbsp ricotta on each piece
- Top with a few slices of jalapeño and sprinkle, to taste, with adobo seasoning, salt and pepper
- Roll up each breast and wrap each with 1 slice of bacon, sealing on one side
- Sprinkle with paprika, place into a lightly greased 9x13 baking dish
- Bake 1 hour until bacon turns lightly golden brown.
- If desired brownness hasn't been achieved, you can turn the heat to broil and cook, watching closely, until top is nice and crispy.