Cajun Fish Soup is a light, broth-based fish soup recipe made with fresh grouper, chicken broth, fresh vegetables, and Cajun seasoning. This seafood soup recipe is nutritious and crazy delicious!! *This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Acme Markets. The opinions and text are all mine.
When you're craving a wholesome, seafood dish with a bit of a kick, try this Cajun Fish Soup recipe. It is a slightly spicy soup loaded with ingredients that are naturally good for you. You only need a handful of ingredients to make this easy fish soup dinner. This light Cajun fish soup is the perfect meal on a chilly day. Loaded with protein and vegetables, this is an awesome one-pot meal!
What Is Cajun Fish Soup?
The Spicy Cajun Fish Soup is a type of soup consisting of white fish with vegetables, cajun seasoning, chicken broth, and other essential ingredients. It is a healthy soup that is also low-carb. It’s a great dinner for busy weeknights because it comes together quickly all in one pot. If you enjoy a good fish soup with a bit of spice, this is the one for you.
Cajun Fish Soup Ingredients
If you plan on making the Easy Fish Soup Recipe, make sure to have the following ingredients at home:
- White Fish. Use white fish for this recipe, such as cod, grouper, or halibut. You will need to cut it into chunks.
- Onion. Finely chop your onion into small pieces.
- Celery. Grab two stalks of celery and chop the stalks into pieces.
- Red Bell Pepper. Slice your red bell pepper in half, remove the seeds, and chop it into pieces.
- Diced Tomatoes. Add a can of diced tomatoes into the mix, but do not drain them.
- Chicken Broth. Use any brand of chicken broth that you would like.
- Cajun Seasoning. Add the cajun seasoning to your broth mixture to give your soup that spicy taste
You will need just a few other ingredients, including shredded carrots, chopped zucchini, white pepper, extra virgin olive oil, salt, and parsley to use as a garnish on top of your soup.
How to Make Easy Fish Soup
Once you have gathered all your ingredients, you will also need to grab:
- Cutting board and knife
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Large pot with a lid
- Bowls for serving
Prepare the Cajun Fish Soup by following these instructions:
Step One: Add olive oil into a large pot and put it on the stovetop. Add your carrots, onions, and celery into the pot with the oil and allow them to cook for about five minutes. Give your vegetables a stir every so often. After five minutes, toss in the red pepper and continue cooking these ingredients for an extra five minutes.
Step Two: Pour your broth into the pot followed by the seasonings, chunks of zucchini, and can of diced tomatoes. Allow the ingredients to come to a boil on medium-high heat before you reduce the heat, cover with a lid, and cook the soup for another five minutes.
Step Three: Put your white fish into the pot, put the lid back on, and cook for another five minutes or so until the fish is fully cooked. You may then pour the soup into serving bowls and garnish it with salt, pepper, and parsley.
If you want to reduce sodium levels in your Cajun Fish Soup, consider using a low-sodium broth. You might also want to skip out on adding any extra sea salt as garnish, relying solely on the flavor that comes from other seasonings, such as the pepper and cajun seasoning.
How to Store Leftovers
Put your leftovers into a food storage container with a tight lid and store your soup in the refrigerator for up to five days. Fish soup can be reheated on the stovetop or in the microwave.
You can use different seasonings in the soup. If you want to make it even spicier, consider adding a bit of cayenne pepper into the mix. Old Bay seasoning is another great option that will go well with the fish and veggies in this soup.
You need to use white fish for this soup. Cod, haddock, halibut, and grouper fish are all good options.
If you do not like certain vegetables in this soup, you can leave them out or substitute them with other ingredients. For example, you can use peas and corn as a replacement for zucchini if you do not like it.
Yes, you can freeze the Cajun Fish Soup. If you decide to freeze it, you can keep it frozen for up to three months as long as you store it properly.
LIKE THIS RECIPE? DON’T FORGET TO PIN FOR LATER, RATE, COMMENT, AND SHARE!
Other Fish Recipes to Try
Along with the Cajun Fish Soup recipe, there are other flavorful meals made with fish that you should try. Check out these tasty recipes:
- Garlic Lime Grilled Sea Bass
- Baked Halibut With Fingerlings and Olives
- Grilled Mahi Tacos
- Grilled Salmon
- Grilled Halibut with Avocado Relish
Cajun Fish Soup
- 16 oz fresh grouper halibut or cod (use a sturdy white fish), cut into thick chunks
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery finely chopped
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 large zucchini chopped into bite-size pieces
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, not drained
- 6 cups chicken broth
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- 2 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- fresh parsley for garnish
- sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Sauté carrots, onions, and celery for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add red peppers and cook 5 minutes more until softened.
- Add broth, seasonings, zucchini, and tomatoes and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 5-6 minutes.
- Add fish and cook, covered, about 5 minutes more until fish is done.
- Season with salt and pepper and garnish with chopped parsley.
- Easy Instant Pot Crack Chicken - December 6, 2023
- Easy Hot Cocoa Mug Cake (Gluten-Free) - December 4, 2023
- Easy Orange Glazed Croissants Recipe with Crescent Rolls - November 28, 2023