This Mediterranean Tuna salad is made with white albacore tuna, artichoke hearts, olives, roasted red peppers, hummus, and red onion tossed in a flavorful lemon dijon dressing.
It's a seafood extravaganza this week at Amee's Savory Dish! I have a Lenten-inspired round-up of seafood recipes that I originally created for the Acme Markets e-newsletter, The Weekly Nibble. Today's recipe is a unique and healthy twist on tuna salad.
This Mediterranean tuna salad wrap is full of amazing flavor and very quick and easy to put together. It would be perfect for lunch or an easy dinner and can easily be converted into a salad on top of your favorite greens.
Mediterranean Tuna Salad Wrap
- 10 oz canned white albacore tuna in water, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ cup marinated artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- 2 roasted peppers from a jar, sliced into strips
- ¼ cup Kalamata olives pitted whole or sliced
- 4 thin slices red onion
- 4 tablespoon prepared hummus
- 4 whole grain artisan flatbread wraps
- 3-4 pieces romaine or bibb lettuce
- For The Dressing:
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise homemade is best
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon basil
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Drain tuna and place in a medium size bowl.
- Add lemon zest and set aside.
- Whisk together:lemon juice, dijon, olive oil, mayo, oregano, basil, salt and pepper.
- Pour over tuna and stir to combine.
- Lay out wrap bread and spread 1 tablespoon hummus on each piece.
- Top with lettuce, tuna mixture, a few slices of roasted peppers, artichokes, olives and red onion.
- Fold over and enjoy. This can also be served over greens as a salad.