This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
This Sheet Pan Rosemary Roasted Chicken and Potatoes recipe makes a delicious and easy weeknight meal. Add a green vegetable and you’ve got a nutritious dinner that the whole family will devour!
Simple. Easy. Tasty. That’s how I would describe this sheet pan meal. Sheet pan dinners are all the rage. I can definitely understand why they are so wildly popular. Easy clean-up and ease of preparation is always a winner in my book.
I’ll serve this chicken and potatoes recipe with a big green salad or a side of veggies, like Amazing Broccoli, Sriracha Roasted Orange Cauliflower or my Favorite Green Beans. You can also add fresh green beans to this sheet pan recipe to round-out the meal and keep everything on one pan. Toss the green beans with a little EVOO and coarse salt before adding the the pan. If you’ve never tried Roasted Green Beans, then you are in for a real treat!
Roasting brings out the best flavors in food, especially vegetables. When you toss in fresh herbs, it takes the dish to a whole new level. The olive oil also makes the dish more flavorful and provides a good, healthy fat source.
I like to call roasted veggies “veggie candy” because they are that good. I have a problem controlling my portion size when I make roasted brussels sprouts. Once you start, it’s hard to stop and that’s not necessarily a bad thing! A great nutrition goal is to aim to eat green vegetables at every meal. 😉
What would you whip up to serve with this Sheet Pan Rosemary Roasted Chicken and Potatoes recipe? Do you have a favorite side dish on busy weeknights? Feel free to share with me on social media! I love hanging on on [email protected]!
Sheet Pan Rosemary Roasted Chicken and Potatoes
- 24 oz. Yukon gold potatoes sliced into 2” pieces
- 6 chicken thighs skin on (about 1 lb.)
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon zested juice reserved for another use
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary with extra sprigs for garnish
- 1 tsp. coarse salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees. Grease or line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Whisk together: olive oil, lemon zest, chopped rosemary, salt and pepper. Spread potatoes and chicken thighs on the oiled or lined sheet pan. Using a pastry brush, baste chicken thighs and potatoes with olive oil mixure and toss to make sure all potatoes are evenly coated. Roast for 45-50 minutes, until chicken skin is golden and crispy. Serve immediately.