Grilled chicken fajitas tostadas are a simple and healthy Mexican fajitas dinner. These fajitas tostadas are an easy outdoor grilling recipe. Not to mention, clean-up is a breeze!
Mexican night is a favorite in this house. I mean, does anyone ever get tired of tacos?! Tacos and fajitas are regular meals in my meal planning rotation. Fajitas are so simple to make on the grill (actually my preferred method) and it keeps the kitchen clean, which is a huge bonus! Don't get me wrong, classic fajitas are the bomb in a cast-iron skillet, but sometimes easy wins over traditional recipe methods. Not to mention, I love grilling out when the weather is nice. I use the grill as much as my husband does. Girls can grill too, you know. 😉
My favorite time-saving grilling recipes are foil-packet favorites, like this Easy Foil Packet Grilled Mediterranean Halibut. I also love cooking side dishes in foil. This Grilled Parmesan Asparagus is one of my favorite ways to eat asparagus. So tasty!
A great side dish to serve with the grilled chicken fajitas tostadas is quinoa with black beans. That recipe comes from Skinny Ms. and it's SO delicious.
- Bell peppers- a mixture of red, yellow, orange, and green, seeded and sliced into strips
- Onion-I prefer sweet onion, but yellow onion works great for this recipe
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Fajita seasoning- store-bought or my favorite homemade fajita seasoning recipe
- Fresh lime juice
- Chicken tenders
- Corn tostadas
- Optional ingredients for topping-sour cream, salsa, and fresh avocado for topping
First, heat the grill and set it to medium-high temperature.
Chop your peppers and onion and set them aside in a bowl.
Add 3 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon lime juice, and half of the fajita seasoning to the veggie mixture.
In a separate bowl, mix together chicken, 2 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon lime juice, and remaining fajita seasoning.
Toss well to coat.
Grill vegetable mixture and chicken tenders separately in a grill pan.
More Easy Grill Recipes
Grilled Chicken Fajitas Tostadas
- 2 yellow bell peppers seeded and sliced into strips
- 2 red bell peppers seeded and sliced into strips
- 2 orange or green bell peppers seeded and sliced into strips
- 2 large onions I prefer sweet onions, sliced
- 5 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Recipe for homemade fajita seasoning divided *recipe below
- 2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 lbs fresh organic chicken tenders
- 8 corn tostadas
- Garnish: sour cream your favorite salsa and sliced fresh avocado
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes crushed
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- Whisk all ingredients for fajita seasoning together and divide in half for the recipe.
- Heat grill and set to medium-high temperature.
- Chop your peppers and onion and set aside in a bowl.
- Add 3 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon lime juice and half of the fajita seasoning to veggie mixture.
- In a separate bowl, mix together chicken, 2 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon lime juice and remaining fajita seasoning.
- Toss well to coat.
- Grill mixture separately in a grill pan.
- Chicken takes about 4-5 minutes per side and pepper mixture takes a few minutes longer.
- Grill until peppers and onions are softened, stirring a few times while cooking.
- To serve, top a corn tostada with peppers and onions, chicken, sour cream, salsa and fresh avocado.