Caribbean Lime Coleslaw is a simple, flavorful slaw recipe that is easy to make. This naturally gluten free recipe is adapted to make it a paleo-friendly side dish.
My friend, Tracy, in Ohio passed this recipe along to me. She whipped up a batch of homemade mayonnaise for this slaw and it makes all the difference. The flavor combination is wonderful with so many dishes, especially when paired with grilled seafood. I’ve adapted the original recipe to make it Paleo-friendly using my recipe for Paleo Mayonnaise and substituting coconut sugar for the raw cane sugar.
I hope you enjoy this Caribbean lime coleslaw recipe!
Caribbean Lime Coleslaw (Paleo, Gluten-Free}
- 1/3 cup homemade mayo (*see above for my Paleo mayo recipe)
- 2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 Tbsp raw cane sugar (can use coconut sugar)
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- 6 cups shredded cabbage (can use a combination of red and green cabbage)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Stir together first five ingredients until blended
- Combine cabbage, cilantro and mayo mixture
- Refrigerate until ready to serve