This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Caribbean Lime Coleslaw is a simple, flavorful slaw recipe that is easy to make. This naturally gluten free recipe is adapted to make it a paleo-friendly side dish.
My friend, Tracy, in Ohio, passed this recipe along to me. She whipped up a batch of homemade mayonnaise for this slaw and it makes all the difference. The flavor combination is wonderful with so many dishes, especially when paired with grilled seafood. I’ve adapted the original recipe to make it Paleo-friendly using my recipe for Paleo Mayonnaise and substituting coconut sugar for the raw cane sugar.
I hope you enjoy this Caribbean lime coleslaw recipe!
- 1/3 cup homemade mayo *see above for my Paleo mayo recipe
- 2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 Tbsp raw cane sugar can use coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 6 cups shredded cabbage can use a combination of red and green cabbage
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- Stir together first five ingredients until blended
- Combine cabbage, cilantro and mayo mixture
- Refrigerate until ready to serve