Garlic Lime Grilled Flat Iron Steak is an easy grilling beef recipe that uses fresh limes, heart-healthy extra virgin olive oil, fresh herbs, and seasonings. This post for Garlic Lime Grilled Flat Iron Steak is a collaboration with Beef. It’s What’s for Dinner., on behalf of the Beef Checkoff, as part of my role as a compensated member of the Beef Expert Bureau. However, all opinions are my own and not influenced in any way.
Did you know that the flat iron steak is the second most tender steak to the tenderloin steak? It's well-marbled, extremely flavorful, and perfect for grilling.
For a 3 oz. flat iron steak, you get 23 grams of protein, 3.8 grams of saturated fat, 2.6 mg of iron, 8 mg of zinc for only 180 calories. That's perfect muscle-building fuel for active bodies! Have you tried cooking with this tender cut yet?
Meal Prep For The Win
Now that school is back in session and our days seem to get busier and busier, I've been trying to get back into my meal prep groove. In the past, I've shared some tips on how to master meal prep on the blog and a lot of great meal prep recipe ideas.
Do you have any favorite meal prep ideas to share? I'd love it if you would tag me on Instagram with your genius tips and tricks! 🙂
I absolutely love the flavors in this marinade recipe, you can also use it for flank steak, skirt steak, and other cuts. This citrus flavor blend goes with so many things. If you haven't tried these Bourbon grilled steak tips, it's another must-try recipe!
This steak recipe would be epic for steak tacos! You can utilize the leftovers in so many ways from soups and salads to sandwiches and tacos.
Just look at that gorgeous beef ready to soak up all the flavors!
*Shopping tip: If you do not see flat iron steak in the beef section at your local grocery store, be sure and ask the butcher if they can cut it for you. I have done this many times and they are always happy to accommodate special requests.
Be sure and squeeze out as much of the extra air when you seal up the meat to marinade.
We love to cook our beef medium-rare, but you can adjust the cooking time to your desired doneness. A meat thermometer is a great way to ensure that your steak comes out perfectly every time.
Making a large batch of steak leaves us with plenty of leftovers for lunches or extra meals throughout the week.
Garlic Lime Grilled Flat Iron Steak
- 2 lbs flat iron steak
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup water
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 4 scallions finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon fresh cilantro finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Whisk all ingredients together and pour into a large zip top bag. Add flat iron steak and press out all of the extra air. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium heat (350 degrees F) and grill to desired doneness, turning once. Medium-rare temperature is 145 degrees F and 160 degrees for medium. Rest for 5 minutes and thinly slice to serve.
- Easy Instant Pot Crack Chicken - December 6, 2023
- Easy Hot Cocoa Mug Cake (Gluten-Free) - December 4, 2023
- Easy Orange Glazed Croissants Recipe with Crescent Rolls - November 28, 2023