Crockpot Coconut curry chicken soup is so full of flavor, it will rock your taste buds!! This flavorful slow cooker soup recipe makes a comforting wintertime meal. Not to mention, it's incredibly healthy and super easy to make!
Making your favorite Thai dishes at home doesn't have to be complicated or time-consuming!
I've served this soup over steamed rice (my kid's favorite) or steamed vegetables (my favorite) for a low-carb alternative with an added nutrition boost. Don't forget to tag me on Instagram @ameessavorydish if you make this recipe!
Coconut Curry Chicken Soup (Slow Cooker Recipe)
- 6 small organic boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 27 oz full fat coconut milk
- 2 ½ cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoon lime juice, fresh
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon dried basil or fresh Thai basil
- ½ cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 red pepper seeded and chopped into thin slices
- 8 oz mushrooms sliced
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoon raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger or more to taste
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro for garnish
- 2 limes quartered for serving
- Brown chicken breasts in a large skillet over medium-high heat for about 2 minutes per side. Transfer chicken breasts to the slow cooker.
- Stir all other ingredients together except cilantro and lime slices, mixing until paste is completely dissolved. Pour into crockpot over chicken. Fold in onion, mushrooms and pepper and stir well.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Shred chicken into chunky pieces and stir back into the soup before serving.
More crockpot chicken recipes to try:
Simple Crockpot Italian Chicken
Creamy Prosciutto Mushroom Chicken
Crockpot Chicken Veggie Quinoa Soup
- Mocha Protein Shake - March 15, 2023
- San Marzano Pizza Sauce - March 13, 2023
- Whipped Feta Dip with Roasted Tomatoes and Olives - March 6, 2023
Subscribe for 5 protein-packed one-dish dinners delivered straight to your INBOX!
These 5 easy protein-packed one-dish recipes make mealtime a breeze!
I love the sound of this, although not too fond of cabbage. I will make this soup soon but perhaps with mung bean sprouts. Regardless, thanks for sharing this, we love red curry paste.
Anthony, you can do a lot of other things besides cabbage. 🙂 Make your taste buds happy and substitute for your favorite things. I love red curry paste, too! So much flavor~
Yum! Looks delicious. I love coconut soups!
Thank you! Me too!! 🙂
This looks amazing! Do you know approximately what the weight of the chicken was? Trying to get the right ratio. Also have you ever tried it with lite coconut milk? Thanks so much.Andrea
It's about 2 lbs of chicken breasts and you can use light coconut milk, but it won't be nearly as creamy. Glad you like the recipe!
Thanks so much for the info...maybe I'll try it with one can full fat and one can lite! So excited to make this 🙂 Andrea
You're very welcome! I hope you enjoy it!
Kaleigh @ Lively Table
Wow, great recipe! Love a healthier version of takeout, especially when its so easy in a crockpot!
Finally got a chance to make this soup and it was AMAZING! Family loved it. Added some extra sriracha for spice. Sooo delicious!
Thank you Terri! You can't go wrong with Sriracha! 😉