Coconut curry chicken soup is so full of flavor, it will rock your taste buds!! I love this crockpot recipe for a spicy soup that makes a comforting wintertime meal. Not to mention, it’s incredibly healthy and super easy to make. Bonus!
I hope you love this comforting coconut curry chicken soup recipe.
Coconut Curry Chicken Soup (Slow Cooker Recipe)
- 6 small organic boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 28 oz full fat coconut milk
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 tbsp Thai sweet basil chopped or dried basil
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 head cabbage chopped
- Brown chicken breasts in a large skillet over medium-high heat for about 2 minutes per side. Transfer chicken breasts to the slow cooker.
- Stir all other ingredients together, mixing until paste is completely dissolved. Pour into crockpot over chicken. Fold in onion and cabbage and stir well.
- Cook on low 6 hours, stirring down cabbage after a couple of hours to prevent it from sticking to the sides. The cabbage should be submerged in the broth after stirring.
- Shred chicken and stir back into the soup before serving.
More crockpot chicken recipes to try: