Crockpot Coconut curry chicken soup is so full of flavor, it will rock your taste buds!! This flavorful slow cooker soup recipe makes a comforting wintertime meal. Not to mention, it's incredibly healthy and super easy to make!
Making your favorite Thai dishes at home doesn't have to be complicated or time-consuming!
I've served this soup over steamed rice (my kid's favorite) or steamed vegetables (my favorite) for a low-carb alternative with an added nutrition boost. Don't forget to tag me on Instagram @ameessavorydish if you make this recipe!
Coconut Curry Chicken Soup (Slow Cooker Recipe)
- 6 small organic boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 27 oz full fat coconut milk
- 2 ½ cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoon lime juice, fresh
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon dried basil or fresh Thai basil
- ½ cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 red pepper seeded and chopped into thin slices
- 8 oz mushrooms sliced
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoon raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger or more to taste
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro for garnish
- 2 limes quartered for serving
- Brown chicken breasts in a large skillet over medium-high heat for about 2 minutes per side. Transfer chicken breasts to the slow cooker.
- Stir all other ingredients together except cilantro and lime slices, mixing until paste is completely dissolved. Pour into crockpot over chicken. Fold in onion, mushrooms and pepper and stir well.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Shred chicken into chunky pieces and stir back into the soup before serving.
More crockpot chicken recipes to try: