This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
This DELICIOUS recipe for eggless banana muffins is super moist made with whole-grain flour, canned pumpkin, coconut oil, and Greek yogurt. You can easily substitute gluten-free all-purpose flour to make these muffins gluten-free!
This recipe adaptation is inspired by a recipe that my friend, Donna, had sent to me. She came up with an egg-free recipe for healthier whole grain banana muffins for her family and wanted me to test it out. They were crazy good!! I love that she swapped pumpkin for eggs, giving a nice nutrition boost to the recipe. Great for those with egg allergies, too. This banana muffins recipe is loaded with flavor and tasty nutrients to fuel the body.
How To Make Banana Muffins Moist
I used half the amount of coconut oil and substituted pureed prunes blended with plain Greek yogurt for the other half. I did this to cut calories and add a gut-friendly ingredient to the recipe. Coconut oil is high in saturated fat and calories but a great oil option for flavor and moisture, in moderation.
The prunes add fiber, moisture, and sweetness without overloading on sugar. I used mostly King Arthur brand flour and Bob's Red Mill flour in my baking. I always have great results using their high-quality products.
Feel free to use avocado oil or olive oil for a different twist. You can also do half butter and half vanilla Greek yogurt. I also added chocolate chips (a touch my kids appreciate). Make it your own favorite version! It's fun to get creative in the kitchen.
How To Make Moist Eggless Banana Muffins
Ingredients You'll Need For This Recipe:
- Very ripe bananas
- Extra virgin coconut oil
- Canned pumpkin
- Whole wheat pastry flour
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Brown sugar
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Dark chocolate chips *optional
*This recipe has been updated from the previous version published on Amee's Savory Dish in Feb. 2011
If you love moist banana muffin recipes, you should also try my kid's favorite Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins made with whole grains and Greek yogurt and these amazing Nutella Swirl Banana Muffins! I mean, how can you go wrong with Nutella?!
Eggless Banana Muffins
- 7 ripe bananas
- ½ cup extra virgin organic coconut oil
- 1 cups brown sugar can also use coconut sugar or monk fruit sweetener *see link below
- 3 cups Whole Wheat pastry flour
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 8 prunes
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 15 oz. can pumpkin sneaky sub for eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder Bob's Red Mill metal free
- 2 tsp baking soda Bob's Red Mill metal free
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips *optional
- Mash bananas. In a separate food processor or heavy duty blender (like a Vitamix) blend prunes with yogurt until smooth and creamy.
- Mix bananas, coconut oil, yogurt puree, sugar, and vanilla until well blended.
- Sift all dry ingredients together and
- slowly add to wet mixture.
- Mix until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips, if using.
- Spray muffin pans with
- cooking spray and fill.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until
- toothpick comes out clean.
- Makes 24 muffins.