This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
A moist and delicious recipe for wheat-free gluten-free banana bread made with a blend of brown rice and oat flour and dark chocolate chips that's just as amazing as the original.
Ok, so I have a few banana bread recipes on my blog already...so you can see my obsession pattern here for baking a lot of banana bread. First of all, my kids love it. Second of all, it's pretty darn simple to make and I almost always have the ingredients in my pantry for throwing it together.
We eat a LOT of bananas in this house, so there is no shortage of overripe bananas every week. If I don't feel like baking, I just throw them in the freezer for smoothies and protein shakes. Extra bananas never go to waste in this house.
How To Make Dark Chocolate Chip Gluten-Free Banana Bread
I was playing around with my recipes and decided to combine brown rice and oat flour for a gluten-free version. I also substituted coconut sugar for refined sugar for the sweetener. The kids went crazy over this recipe, it turned out delicious!
They were begging for a slice while it was still warm out of the oven. The whole house smelled divine. I doubled my recipe and the six small loaves were gone in less than three days.
More Delicious Quick-Bread Favorites
Dark Chocolate Chip Gluten-Free Banana Bread
- 4 small ripe bananas
- ⅓ cup melted butter can sub coconut oil, but butter gives it the best flavor
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup brown rice flour
- ½ cup oat flour gluten-free
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips 60% or more
- *Optional: ⅓ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mash bananas and mix with butter, in the bowl of an electric mixer, until smooth. Add coconut sugar and egg. Blend.
- Mix dry ingredients, except chocolate chips and nuts, with a whisk and add to the wet ingredients. Mix until well incorporated and then stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Pour into 3 buttered mini loaf pans or into a muffin pan (makes about 18 muffins) and bake for 20 minutes (for muffins) and 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean, for mini loaves.