These Gluten-Free Blondies are chewy, gooey, and loaded with decadent morsels of white chocolate. With this simple recipe, you'll make thick and fudgy blondies with the extra sweet toffee-like taste that makes these classic cookie bars special!
These gluten-free blondies exceed all expectations. These step-by-step instructions will show you how to bake the perfect batch with all-purpose gluten-free flour, brown sugar, vanilla, a handful of baking basics, and creamy white chocolate chips. Pecans optional!
This gluten-free version of everyone's favorite cookie bar is extra sweet, extra thick, and extra fudgy. The best part? These blondies are fuss-free baking. The batter comes together in one bowl and bakes beautifully with minimal margin for error. If you're new to baking with all-purpose gluten-free flour, this recipe is a great place to start!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- It's hard not to love soft, chewy, and irresistibly sweet homemade blondies with white chocolate.
- Very easy to make. Perfect for beginner gluten-free bakers.
- It freezes well, so bake a batch for now and a batch for later!
- Plenty of ways to customize.
Ingredients You'll Need
- Pastured butter (melted) - I recommend pastured butter as it's processed without anything unnecessary and has rich flavor, but use what works.
- Brown sugar - Blondies have a distinct molasses-forward flavor thanks to brown sugar and lots of it.
- Eggs - 1 whole egg and 1 egg yolk for moisture, structure, and to deepen the golden color.
- Vanilla - Since blondies are essentially vanilla brownies, don't sell yourself short on the vanilla flavor. Instead, use your best quality pure vanilla extract.
- Gluten-free all-purpose flour - I've had success with King Arthur gluten-free all-purpose flour in this recipe. You can also try Bob's Red Mill 1:1.
- Salt - Makes everything sweet taste sweeter!
- White chocolate chips - White chocolate makes these blondies dreamy. Check out popular brands like Enjoy Life, Ghiradelli, Nestle Toll House, Lily's, and Guittard.
- Pecans - For crunch (although optional if nuts aren't your thing).
How To Make Gluten Free Blondies with White Chocolate
Step 1: Prepare for baking. Preheat your oven to 350F. Spray an 8x8 baking pan with cooking spray and line with parchment paper. Cut the parchment so that it overlaps on the sides. This makes it easy to lift them out onto a cutting board for slicing.
Step 2: Combine wet ingredients. Add melted butter and brown sugar to a stand mixer bowl and beat until creamy (about 2 minutes). Scrape down the sides of the bowl, add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla, and beat on low until combined.
Step 3: Combine with dry ingredients. Next, add the flour and salt and mix until just blended. Finally, stir in the pecans and white chocolate chips.
Step 4: Pour the blondie batter into the prepared baking dish and spread the batter completely in the bottom of the pan.
Transfer to your preheated oven and bake until the tops are lightly golden. Let cool completely in the baking pan before slicing into 12 or 16 bars (your preference). Enjoy!
- Measure the ingredients precisely for the best results.
- Use room temperature ingredients. The butter should be melted, and eggs are best if they aren't super cold.
- Be careful not to over mix the batter. Beat the wet ingredients just until combined. After adding the dry ingredients, stop mixing as soon as the batter is incorporated thoroughly.
- Don't cut until the blondies have had plenty of time to cool. If you slice them too soon, they could crumble. When cool, a knife will glide right through. Loosen up the edges on the sides without parchment paper, then careful lift them out of the pan onto a cutting board. This makes slicing so much easier!
See below for ways to customize your gluten-free white chocolate blondies with mix-ins.
- Nuts - I love pecans, but walnuts, macadamia nuts, and sliced almonds are yummy options.
- Nut butter - Add another layer of flavor with a creamy layer of nut butter. Stir 2-3 tablespoons of peanut butter, almond butter, or Nutella in with the batter.
- Shredded coconut
- Toffee bits
- Caramel chips
- Mini peanut butter cups
Storing & Freezing
Storing: After cooling completely to room temperature, transfer to a shallow glass container or a plate and cover tightly with plastic wrap. The blondies will keep at room temperature for 2-3 days or in the fridge for about a week.
Freezing: Freeze your blondies, so they're always there when the sweet tooth hits. After baking, cool completely, then cut into bars. Wrap the bars individually in plastic wrap, then place them in a freezer-safe container or bag and freeze for up to 2 moments. Thaw at room temperature and enjoy!
Absolutely! You can substitute the gluten-free flour with the same amount of regular flour.
Using an 8 "x8" baking pan, you can cut the bars into 16 mini squares or into 8 or 12 larger bars.
The top will appear a very light golden color, and a toothpick inserted in the middle will come out clean.
If you love this recipe I would be so grateful if you could leave a 5-star 🌟rating in the recipe card below. I love reading your comments and feedback!
Gluten-Free Blondies with White Chocolate Chips
- ½ cup butter melted
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour King Arthur brand recommended for great results
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup white chocolate chips can also use semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup pecans chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray a 8x8 baking dish with cooking spray, then add a piece of parchment paper that lines the bottom and overlaps the sides of the dish.
- Beat the melted butter with the brown sugar on medium speed until creamy, about 1 ½ to 2 minutes.
- Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Mix in the flour and salt on low speed until just blended (do not overmix).
- Stir in the white chocolate chips and pecans.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish, spreading to the edges with a spatula.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until very lightly golden and set. I usually pull it out around 28 minutes and it's perfect.
- Allow to cool for at least 20 minutes before slicing.
- Easy Instant Pot Crack Chicken - December 6, 2023
- Easy Hot Cocoa Mug Cake (Gluten-Free) - December 4, 2023
- Easy Orange Glazed Croissants Recipe with Crescent Rolls - November 28, 2023