This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
A delicious recipe for healthier chocolate chip blondies that uses a secret ingredient for added protein and fiber. These bars are moist and tasty!
I have been on a bean kick lately. I recently posted a recipe for clean eating brownies made with black beans. They were, shockingly, delicious!! This recipe is made of garbanzo beans (chickpeas) and it actually tastes really good. My kids have gobbled these up and asked for more.
This is a dessert that I will be happy for them to eat. The ingredients are full of good nutrition and fiber. When I smelled the chickpeas as I opened the can, I thought "there is no way that these are going to be tasty". However, I was pleasantly surprised.
They are great served, slightly warm, with a scoop of vanilla frozen yogurt. My "clean eating" version of this blondie is adapted from a White Bean Blondie recipe from Meal Makeover Moms. I love that there is no flour at all in this recipe. These bean brownies rock!!
How To Make Chocolate Chip Blondies With Beans
One 15.5 oz can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained and rinsed
2 large organic eggs
¾ cup coconut sugar
2 packets of Truvia (a stevia-based sweetener)
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
½ cup old fashioned oats
½ cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 9x9 baking dish with butter-flavored cooking spray. Place garbanzo beans in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides a few times. Add the eggs, coconut sugar, Truvia, oil, vanilla, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon and process until smooth. Add the oats and chocolate chips and pulse until just blended. Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let stand for at least 20 minutes before slicing. Store in the refrigerator in a sealed container.
Healthier Chocolate Chip Blondies
- 15.5 oz can garbanzo beans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 2 packets Truvia stevia based sweetener
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup old fashioned oats
- ½ cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray a 9x9 baking dish with butter flavored cooking spray.
- Place garbanzo beans in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides a few times.
- Add the eggs, coconut sugar, Truvia, oil, vanilla, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon and process until smooth.
- Add the oats and chocolate chips and pulse until just blended.
- Pour the batter into pan and bake for 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let stand for at least 20 minutes before slicing.
- Store in the refrigerator in a sealed container.
- Tex-Mex Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Chicken - March 2, 2021
- Herb-Roasted Sheet Pan Chicken with Potatoes and Green Beans - February 8, 2021
- 50 Easy Breakfast Meal Prep Recipes - February 3, 2021