This easy and delicious low-carb & keto-friendly recipe for creamy Crockpot chicken with prosciutto ham and mushrooms makes meal planning a breeze made with boneless chicken breasts, Italian dressing mix, prosciutto ham, fresh mushrooms, chicken broth, and cream cheese.
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Italian salad dressing mix
- Chicken broth
- Cream cheese, softened
- Cream of chicken soup- I use the organic Pacific Foods brand in the carton
- Pancetta or prosciutto-they are both good here, but pancetta renders more fat which adds a depth of flavor
- Fresh mushrooms
If you love Crockpot chicken recipes, you should also try this killer Buffalo Chicken Sliders recipe made in the slow cooker, Crockpot Italian Chicken, easy Crockpot Barbecue Chicken, and Crockpot Coconut Curry Chicken Soup. So good!
Creamy Prosciutto Mushroom Chicken (Crockpot)
- 6 organic boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- ⅓ cup chicken broth
- 1 package 8 ozs. cream cheese, softened
- 1 carton organic 10 ¾ ozs. cream of chicken soup (such as Pacific Foods brand)
- 6 oz finely diced pancetta or prosciutto they are both good here, but pancetta renders more fat which adds a depth of flavor
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- In a large sauté pan, cook pancetta (or prosciutto) on medium heat until lightly browned and fat is rendered.
- Remove pancetta with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add chicken breasts to the pan drippings and turn heat to medium-high.
- Brown both sides of the chicken breasts and place in a slow cooker, sprinkling the pancetta on top.
- Drizzle remaining pancetta drippings over top and sprinkle with the seasoning packet.
- Pour broth on top.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3-4 hours.
- In a small mixing bowl, blend cream cheese and soup until smooth.
- Stir in mushrooms.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over chicken.
- Cook 1 to 2 hours longer or until chicken juices run clear; stirring once halfway to prevent burning around the edges.
- Serve over brown rice.