This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Creamy Prosciutto Mushroom Chicken
- 6 organic boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 package 8 ozs. cream cheese, softened
- 1 carton organic 10 3/4 ozs. cream of chicken soup (such as Pacific Foods brand)
- 6 oz finely diced pancetta or prosciutto they are both good here, but pancetta renders more fat which adds a depth of flavor
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- In a large sauté pan, cook pancetta (or prosciutto) on medium heat until lightly browned and fat is rendered.
- Remove pancetta with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add chicken breasts to the pan drippings and turn heat to medium-high.
- Brown both sides of the chicken breasts and place in a slow cooker, sprinkling the pancetta on top.
- Drizzle remaining pancetta drippings over top and sprinkle with the seasoning packet.
- Pour broth on top.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3-4 hours.
- In a small mixing bowl, blend cream cheese and soup until smooth.
- Stir in mushrooms.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over chicken.
- Cook 1 to 2 hours longer or until chicken juices run clear; stirring once half way to prevent burning around the edges.
- Serve over brown rice.