Island grilled chicken with jalapeno-pineapple salsa is a quick and easy grilled chicken recipe, packed with tropical flavors.
This grilled chicken dish is simple but flavorful, and quick to prepare. The Jalapeno Salsa would also be wonderful on grilled or blackened fish. The pineapple salsa recipe for the top of the healthy grilled chicken is adapted from one I found on Eating Well.
I hope you enjoy this Island grilled chicken dinner recipe!
More delicious grilled chicken recipes:
Island Grilled Chicken with Pineapple Salsa
Chicken breasts marinated in tangy tropical flavors, grilled and served with a spicy-sweet pineapple salsa. A healthy chicken dinner that's gluten free and delicious!
Grilled Chicken and Marinade:
- 6 boneless, skinless organic chicken breasts
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/2 cup sucanat (can substitute brown sugar, sucanat is a natural sweetener made from dried cane juice)
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup Good Seasons Italian Dressing prepared with olive oil (or Newman's Own bottled Italian Dressing)
For the Pineapple Salsa
- 2 cups fresh, finely chopped pineapple
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 small jalapenos, seeded and minced
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1/2 tsp lime frost sea salt (or regular sea salt)
- freshly ground pepper to taste
For the Marinade:
Mix marinade ingredients (everything but the chicken) in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring with a whisk. Once mixture has boiled, turn off heat and allow to cool to room temperature. Pour mixture over chicken breasts in a covered bowl and marinate at least 4 hours (preferably overnight) in the refrigerator.
For the Salsa:
- Place all ingredients in a medium size bowl and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for an hour or so to blend the flavors. Bring to room temperature to serve over the chicken.
Prepare Grilled Chicken:
- Grill chicken over medium-high heat about 4-5 minutes each side, or until juices run clear and internal temperature reaches 163 degrees. Allow chicken to rest for at least 5 minutes before garnishing with salsa. Serve over brown rice or coconut rice.