This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Bacon fat roasted Brussels sprouts are a delicious and easy side dish. Fresh Brussels sprouts are roasted in bacon fat and glazed with a balsamic reduction. This will be your new favorite Brussels sprouts recipe!
I haven't always been a Brussel Sprouts fan. I find them almost appalling steamed, even if they are drowning in butter. I eventually discovered that I loved them in salads and roasted to bring out the best flavor.
I love these roasted Brussels sprouts in so much that I call them veggie candy. I could seriously eat the whole pan by myself! The amount of balsamic glaze that you use for this recipe totally depends on your taste buds. I get pretty generous on my pour for more sweet and savory goodness.
If you like a subtle balsamic flavor, lightly drizzle. If you want a flavor punch, then go to town…we like them nice and saucy.
How To Make healthy and flavor-packed roasted Brussels sprouts
This side dish is ready in 30 minutes or less and super simple to make.
- Start by washing the Brussels sprouts and peeling off the first outer layer.
- Next, slice the sprouts in half, lengthwise
- Put the Brussels sprouts in a large bowl and toss with rendered bacon fat (I drain and save the fat every time I make bacon for flavoring other dishes) and olive oil
- Pour onto a roasting sheet pan sprayed with olive oil and season with salt and pepper
- Roast for 20-25 minutes (depends on the size of your sprouts), turning once
- Remove from oven and drizzle with good quality balsamic vinegar
- Return to the oven and roast for 3-5 minutes more, until golden brown on both sides.
If you try this recipe, I'd love for you to come and share a photo on my Facebook page. What's your favorite way to eat Brussels sprouts?
Bacon Fat Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Glaze
- 2 tbsp rendered bacon fat
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ lbs Brussels sprouts
- Balsamic vinegar glaze thicker than regular balsamic vinegar
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash Brussels sprouts and peel off the first outer layer.
- Slice the Brussels sprouts in half lengthwise.
- Place into a large bowl and toss with bacon fat and olive oil.
- Pour onto a greased baking pan and season with sea salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, turning once in between.
- Remove Brussels sprouts from oven and lightly drizzle balsamic glaze over top.
- Toss to coat and pop back into the oven for 3-5 minutes more or until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve warm.
- Herb-Roasted Sheet Pan Chicken with Potatoes and Green Beans - February 8, 2021
- 50 Easy Breakfast Meal Prep Recipes - February 3, 2021
- Healthy Mixed Berry Smoothie - February 1, 2021