This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Don’t you just love baby cheese balls?!! They are all over Pinterest these days and so fun to make. I used my recipe for Southern Style Pimento Cheese to make these delicious bite-size pimento cheese balls, perfect for your next social gathering. They are easy to whip up and prepare a day or two before your party, just wait until you are ready to serve them to roll them in the bacon and toasted nuts for best texture. These have a little heat and great flavor from the pickled jalapeños used in the pimento cheese. Enjoy!
- recipe for Southern Style Pimento Cheese
- 1/3 lb bacon cooked to crispy texture and cooled
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts toasted (I used pecans)
- Prepare pimento cheese according to recipe directions, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour to firm up to a good ball-rolling texture
- While pimento cheese is chilling, cook bacon and set aside to cool to room temperature
- Toast nuts and cool
- Place bacon and nuts into the bowl of a food processor and pulse until finely chopped
- Pour into a shallow bowl for easy rolling
- Roll pimento cheese into tablespoon-size balls and roll into bacon/nut mixture
- Just before serving place a pretzel stick inside each ball.