Don’t you just love baby cheese balls?!! They are all over Pinterest these days and so fun to make. I used my recipe for Southern Style Pimento Cheese to make these delicious bite-size pimento cheese balls, perfect for your next social gathering. They are easy to whip up and prepare a day or two before your party, just wait until you are ready to serve them to roll them in the bacon and toasted nuts for best texture. These have a little heat and great flavor from the pickled jalapeños used in the pimento cheese. Enjoy!
Mini Spicy Pimento Cheese Balls
- recipe for Southern Style Pimento Cheese
- 1/3 lb bacon, cooked to crispy texture and cooled
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts, toasted (I used pecans)
- Prepare pimento cheese according to recipe directions, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour to firm up to a good ball-rolling texture
- While pimento cheese is chilling, cook bacon and set aside to cool to room temperature
- Toast nuts and cool
- Place bacon and nuts into the bowl of a food processor and pulse until finely chopped
- Pour into a shallow bowl for easy rolling
- Roll pimento cheese into tablespoon-size balls and roll into bacon/nut mixture
- Just before serving place a pretzel stick inside each ball.