This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Need a super easy summertime appetizer? These tasty caprese pasta skewers are so simple to throw together! The only time consuming part of making this dish is assembling the skewers.
I used my Favorite Salad Dressing recipe to drizzle on top of the skewers, then drizzled with Fresh Basil infused olive oil. This is a fun recipe to get kids involved, they love threading the items onto the sticks.
Caprese pasta skewers are a great last-minute appetizer. You don’t have to spend a lot of time in the kitchen to make a good impression at your next summer gathering!
Easy Breezy Caprese SkewersPrint Pin Rate
- 1 100 count package (6") wooden skewers
- Basil Infused extra virgin olive oil or regular extra virgin olive oil
- Recipe for Favorite Salad Dressing
- 2 8 oz packages fresh Mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1 pint red cherry tomatoes
- 1 pint yellow cherry tomatoes
- 1 20 oz package fresh tricolor cheese tortellini
- 2 cans pitted black olives
- 4 oz package fresh basil leaves
- 2 jars pitted green olives
- Cook tortellini "al-dente" according to package directions and immediately rinse thoroughly in very cold water.
- Drain and set aside
- Cut up mozzarella into bite-size cubes and place into a bowl
- Tear off pieces of basil large enough to fold over and thread onto a skewer
- Assemble skewers in any order you like and drizzle with regular or basil-infused olive oil
- Pour dressing over skewers an hour before serving and chill in the refrigerator, covered, until ready to eat.
What is your favorite simple appetizer to make for summer parties?
Latest posts by Amee Livingston (see all)
- The Best Baked Brie with Apricot Jam & Almonds - December 3, 2019
- Amazing Green Bean Casserole From Scratch - November 24, 2019
- Applewood Bacon-Wrapped Venison Loin with Raspberry Sauce - November 15, 2019