This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Need a super easy summertime appetizer? These tasty caprese pasta skewers are so simple to throw together! The only time consuming part of making this dish is assembling the skewers.
I used my Favorite Salad Dressing recipe to drizzle on top of the skewers, then drizzled with Fresh Basil infused olive oil. This is a fun recipe to get kids involved, they love threading the items onto the sticks.
Caprese pasta skewers are a great last-minute appetizer. You don't have to spend a lot of time in the kitchen to make a good impression at your next summer gathering!
Easy Breezy Caprese Skewers
- (6") wooden skewers I use the mini ones
- extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- Recipe for Favorite Salad Dressing
- 16 oz fresh Mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1 pint red cherry tomatoes
- 1 pint yellow cherry tomatoes
- 20 oz package fresh tricolor cheese tortellini
- 12 oz pitted black olives
- 12 oz pitted green olives
- 4 oz package fresh basil leaves
- Cook tortellini "al-dente" according to package directions and immediately rinse thoroughly in very cold water.
- Drain and set aside
- Cut up mozzarella into bite-size cubes and place into a bowl
- Tear off pieces of basil large enough to fold over and thread onto a skewer
- Assemble skewers in any order you like and drizzle with olive oil
- Pour dressing over skewers an hour before serving and chill in the refrigerator, covered, until ready to eat.