Need a super easy summertime appetizer? These tasty caprese pasta skewers are so simple to throw together! The only time consuming part of making this dish is assembling the skewers.
I used my Favorite Salad Dressing recipe to drizzle on top of the skewers, then drizzled with Fresh Basil infused olive oil. This is a fun recipe to get kids involved, they love threading the items onto the sticks.
Caprese pasta skewers are a great last-minute appetizer. You don’t have to spend a lot of time in the kitchen to make a good impression at your next summer gathering!
Easy Breezy Caprese Skewers
- 1(100 count) package (6") wooden skewers
- Basil Infused extra virgin olive oil or regular extra virgin olive oil
- Recipe for Favorite Salad Dressing
- 2 (8 oz) packages fresh Mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1 pint red cherry tomatoes
- 1 pint yellow cherry tomatoes
- 1 (20 oz) package fresh tricolor cheese tortellini
- 2 cans pitted black olives
- 4 oz package fresh basil leaves
- 2 jars pitted green olives
- Cook tortellini "al-dente" according to package directions and immediately rinse thoroughly in very cold water.
- Drain and set aside
- Cut up mozzarella into bite-size cubes and place into a bowl
- Tear off pieces of basil large enough to fold over and thread onto a skewer
- Assemble skewers in any order you like and drizzle with regular or basil-infused olive oil
- Pour dressing over skewers an hour before serving and chill in the refrigerator, covered, until ready to eat.