Caprese salad is a healthy summer salad, with fresh garden tomatoes, fresh basil, and fresh mozzarella cheese. A light and tangy Italian vinaigrette is drizzled over the veggies.
This simple summer salad recipe will be a great addition to your next potluck or family gathering. It’s tastes best using in-season tomatoes, basil and fresh mozzarella, but of course, store bought items work just as well.
I love this twist on caprese salad, you can even assemble it on small skewers for a fun appetizer presentation.
For the salad
- 2 8 ounce containers fresh Bocconcini mozzarella (bite-size mozzarella balls), drained of liquid
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 4 tbsp good-quality balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Mix cherry tomatoes and mozzarella balls in a serving bowl
- Whisk all dressing ingredients together and pour over tomato mixture
- Toss to coat and serve
If you try this easy salad recipe, I’d love for you to share a photo of it on my Facebook page!