This Caprese dip is so good, you may not save any room for dinner! Fresh tomatoes and basil, plus two kinds of cheese, drizzled with balsamic vinaigrette. You'll love this light and delicious summer dip recipe!
My friend, Donna, sent me this healthy Caprese dip recipe, calling it "Caprese crack dip" because it is so good, you cannot stop devouring it!! She gets a lot of requests to bring this easy dip recipe to parties and, lucky for you, she was kind enough to share it with me. It's a winner at every gathering, so you might want to double the recipe. It disappears fast! This just might become your new favorite party recipe. It's delicious, uses seasonal ingredients, and easy to make. How can you go wrong?! 😉
How To Make Caprese Dip
Ingredients You'll Need For The Cheese Ball:
- Cream cheese (block cream cheese, not whipped)
- Feta cheese
- Green onions, very finely chopped
For The Garnish:
- Roma tomatoes
- One bunch of fresh basil-I use the spicy globe basil because I love the small leaves...no chopping required 😉
For The Dressing:
- Extra virgin olive or grapeseed oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Minced fresh garlic
- Fresh lemon juice (definitely go with fresh here, not the concentrate)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine feta cheese, cream cheese, and chopped green onion.
- Blend until smooth and well combined.
- Form into a ball and create a well in the center and place in a medium-large bowl for serving.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill overnight.
- When ready to serve, seed and chop the tomatoes and sprinkle all around the cheese ball.
- Garnish with chopped basil or spicy globe basil leaves.
The final step is the dressing garnish. Mix dressing ingredients in a shaker bottle and pour over cheese ball and tomatoes. Serve with wheat thins or your favorite crackers. SOOOO addictive!
For the cheese ball:
- 2 8 ounce blocks cream cheese, not low-fat
- 8 ounce container of feta cheese
- 1 bunch green onions very finely chopped
For the garnish:
- 4 roma tomatoes
- one bunch fresh basil I use spicy globe basil because I love the small leaves..no chopping
For the dressing:
- 4 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 4 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, feta and chopped green onions
- Blend until smooth and well combined
- Form into a ball, making a well in the center, and place in a large bowl for serving
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill overnight
- When ready to serve, chop tomatoes and sprinkle on top and around the cheese ball
- Garnish with your chopped sweet basil or spicy globe basil leaves
- Mix dressing ingredients in a shaker bottle and pour over cheese ball and tomatoes
- Serve with wheat thins or your favorite crackers