A simple recipe for making corn relish dip from scratch using canned sweet corn, cream cheese, sour cream, red bell pepper, onions, pickled jalapeños, and spices. This flavorful and easy appetizer dip is perfect for entertaining and so good you'll want to double the batch!
Ingredients For Corn Relish Dip
- Can of sweet corn- drained. You can also use frozen sweet corn as long as it's completely thawed and drained thoroughly.
- Red bell pepper- finely chopped
- Green onions- finely chopped
- Cream cheese- softened. I use regular, not low-fat cream cheese
- Sour cream- again regular sour cream, not low-fat. You can always modify this for dietary preferences
- Lime juice- make sure it's freshly squeezed for the best flavor
- Pickled jalapeños- drained and finely diced. This is one of the ingredients that you shouldn't skip because it adds incredible flavor. Most pickled jalapeños are very mild, so don't worry about them making the dip too spicy.
- Ground coriander- I love relish that contains whole coriander. It adds such incredible flavor and the ground coriander is no exception in this dip.
- Sugar- just a small amount is needed for a nicely contrasting sweet and savory flavor profile.
- Salt and pepper- use as much or as little as you like according to your preference. I always start with a pinch and add more from there. You can always add but you can't take it away!
- Optional- fresh chopped cilantro for garnishing on top
First, start by adding half of the drained corn into a medium-size bowl and mash with a potato masher or fork until most of the kernels have popped. Next, blend the softened cream cheese, sour cream, lime juice, and sugar in a separate bowl. Then, combine all ingredients, including the remaining corn, and stir until mixed.
My favorite way to serve this corn relish dip is with restaurant-style tortilla chips. This dip goes really well with a Mexican-inspired meal, like this easy Mexican Chicken Casserole or Mexican Beef Casserole. It's also delicious spread on top of a buttery Ritz cracker or stuffed inside of a fresh avocado split in half.
Want a bite?!
More Easy Appetizer Recipes
Homemade Corn Relish Dip
- 11 oz can sweet corn drained
- ¼ cup red bell pepper finely chopped
- 2 tbsp green onions finely chopped
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- 1 ½ tbsp lime juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp diced pickled jalapeños drained
- ¼ tsp ground coriander
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pour half of the drained corn into a medium-size bowl and mash with a fork or potato masher.
- In a separate bowl, blend softened cream cheese, sour cream, lime juice, and sugar.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and the rest of the corn until mixed.
- Serve with tortilla chips or crackers.