This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Texas caviar is a classic southern bean dip, full of fiber and delicious flavors! Black-eyed peas, black beans, corn, tomatoes, and a light dressing make this easy dip recipe a favorite snack!
This version of Texas Caviar is my mother-in-law’s and frankly, it’s the best! I’ve tried various versions of the recipe and this one takes the cake. It is easy to make, as long as you like to chop veggies, because it tastes the best when you chop them finely. Texas caviar has so many fresh, raw ingredients!
Serve Texas caviar with your favorite tortilla chips (we love organic blue corn chips). I like to double this recipe for big parties.
The Best Texas Caviar
1 can black-eyed peas, drained
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can white shoepeg corn, drained
1 can Ro-tel tomatoes, original or hot
8 oz Good Seasons Italian dressing mix prepared in a jar or cruet (according to packet directions, using half cider vinegar and half white wine vinegar)
1 fresh jalapeño, diced
1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped (or to taste)
1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
1 1/2 cups celery, finely diced
1 cup salad cucumber, diced in small pieces
1 clove fresh garlic, finely minced
Fresh oregano, cilantro, basil and parsley to taste-finely chopped
Sea salt and pepper, to taste
Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. If you want more juice, just add another can of Ro-tel. Enjoy with your favorite tortilla chips.
- 1 can black-eyed peas drained
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 can white shoepeg corn drained
- 1 can Ro-tel tomatoes original or hot
- 8 oz Good Seasons Italian dressing mix prepared in a jar or cruet according to packet directions, using half cider vinegar and half white wine vinegar
- 1 fresh jalapeño diced
- 1/4 cup red onion finely chopped (or to taste)
- 1 green bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups celery finely diced
- 1 cup salad cucumber diced in small pieces
- 1 clove fresh garlic finely minced
- Fresh oregano cilantro, basil and parsley to taste-finely chopped
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. If you want more juice, just add another can of Ro-tel. Enjoy with your favorite tortilla chips.
More delicious party dip recipes to try:
Latest posts by Amee Livingston (see all)
- The Best Baked Brie with Apricot Jam & Almonds - December 3, 2019
- Amazing Green Bean Casserole From Scratch - November 24, 2019
- Applewood Bacon-Wrapped Venison Loin with Raspberry Sauce - November 15, 2019