This hot artichoke dip recipe is hands-down my absolute favorite appetizer made with marinated artichoke hearts, sis. My roommate, Crystal, gave me this recipe in college and I’ve been making it ever since, hence the name. Nothing else has compared! It trumps every other recipe that I’ve tried and I’ve tried a lot of hot artichoke dip recipes!
I can’t believe that I actually managed to hold onto it moving around so much over the years. I had a tendency to lose things in college, so it’s a miracle, actually. Crystal’s family is from Charleston and those southern ladies know how to cook. This is not diet food and it’s crazy good!
Crystal would make this in a bread basket and serve it with bread cubes. I love the flavor and kick of the jalapeños and green chilis. Not to mention, it’s an easy recipe to throw together in a hurry or the night before. Easy=bonus in my book.
I love vegetable-based party dips. Another favorite is this Creamy Spinach Dip that’s super quick to throw together. If you’re an artichoke lover, then you also should try this Creamy Slow Cooker Artichoke and Spinach Chicken for an easy weeknight dinner. I also have a wonderful broth-based Artichoke Soup recipe from Chef Gaetano Cicciotti that’s light and incredibly delicious.
I could honestly eat the whole dish. Want a bite?!
What’s your favorite appetizer recipe? I’d love for you to share with me in the comments below or on my social media!
The Best Hot Artichoke Dip
- 2- 12 oz jars marinated artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese shred fresh from block
- 3 green onions sliced thin
- 1 4 oz can diced green chilis, drained
- 1 tbsp diced jalapeños in the jar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 8 1/2x 11 casserole dish with olive oil and set aside. Mix all ingredients in the bowl of an electric mixer with a paddle or stir by hand to thoroughly combine. Pour into casserole dish and bake for 25-30 minutes until bubbly and just lightly golden around the edges. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips, crackers or bread cubes.