This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
A simple recipe for no-bake banana pudding parfaits made with pudding mix, reduced-fat cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, whipped topping, and Nilla wafers. Banana pudding is a true southern classic and these easy banana pudding parfaits are just as delicious as the from-scratch version!
These simple no-bake banana pudding parfaits are made with just a few simple ingredients with no cooking required. I love this easy, elegant layered dessert that you can whip up in a matter of minutes. My husband hates bananas, so he gets a separate dish with just cookies and pudding, yes…he’s special. However, it’s always been one of my all-time favorite desserts. My grandmother made the most incredible baked banana pudding from scratch with a thick layer of meringue on top. So dreamy!! I love that southern classic, but this recipe turns out incredibly delicious with a lot less effort. Not to mention, you get your own personal dish. Serve the pudding in parfait dishes or small mason jars for a nice presentation. Mason jars with lids are also great for easy storage in the refrigerator.
How To Make Banana Pudding Parfaits
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- 5 oz package of instant vanilla pudding
- 4 oz reduced-fat cream cheese (the block, not the tub cream cheese)
- 7 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups reduced-fat milk
- 4 oz frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 large bananas, sliced
- 12 Nilla wafers (can use more, if desired)
You can reduce the sugar and calories in this recipe by using sugar-free instant pudding instead of regular instant pudding. For an elegant touch, you can also substitute the vanilla extract with vanilla bean by scraping out the seeds of a half of a vanilla bean pod. If you’ve never used vanilla beans before they add amazing flavor to desserts or baked goods. The only con is the price. Vanilla beans are expensive, so it’s a special treat when I use them.
Note: This post was originally published in June 2014. It has been updated throughout.
No-Bake Banana Pudding Parfaits
- 4 oz reduced-fat cream cheese from the block, not whipped or tub cream cheese
- 7 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tbsp good quality vanilla extract
- 5 oz package vanilla instant pudding
- 2 cups reduced fat milk
- 4 oz frozen whipped topping, thawed such as Cool-whip
- 2 large bananas
- 12 Nilla wafers
To make the pudding:
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, whip the cream cheese, vanilla, and sweetened condensed milk on medium speed until smooth and creamy
- Next, add the milk and the instant pudding mix and whip on medium speed for 2-3 minutes, scraping down the bowl a few times in between.
- Gently stir in the cool whip until just combined.
To assemble the parfaits
- In 6 parfait dishes or (8oz) mason jars, add a few sliced bananas, then pudding and top with a couple banana slices and cookies. You can add more bananas and cookies according to preference.
- Cover and chill for several hours, preferably overnight, for intensified flavor and best texture.