Banana pudding is delicious on its own, but adding Nilla wafers and sliced bananas for no-bake banana pudding parfaits makes one of the best no-bake dessert recipes around!
These simple from-scratch parfaits are made with pasteurized eggs, so there is no need to bake the pudding. The eggs add more protein and flavor to this easy, yet elegant dessert. Don’t skip out on the fresh vanilla bean, it adds amazing flavor. I like to avoid pre-packaged puddings, when possible, especially when you can have delicious results without them!
No-bake banana pudding parfaits are portion controlled, too!
- 8 ounces cream cheese original, not low-fat
- 2 Davidson's Safest Choice Eggs
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 yellow bananas ripe, but not too soft
- Mini vanilla wafers about 14 per parfait
- Allow cream cheese to soften to room temperature
- In a stand mixer, blend cream cheese and eggs until smooth and creamy
- Slice vanilla bean in half lengthwise with a sharp knife
- Scrape pod of all the seeds with the back of the knife or a small spoon
- Add seeds to cream cheese mixture
- Blend until seeds are evenly distributed throughout
- Add vanilla extract and powdered sugar
- Blend until smooth
- In a separate, preferably cold, stainless mixing bowl, whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form
- Gently fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture and set aside
- In 6 (8oz) mason jars, layer the mini vanilla wafers, pudding and bananas
- Cover and chill for several hours, preferably overnight, for intensified flavor and best texture