This kid-approved tasty waffle recipe has become a family favorite. This simple tasty waffle recipe from scratch made with unbleached flour, eggs, milk, and butter is a must-try and your kids will love decorating them!
I love Saturday mornings. We all get to sleep in and actually have time to enjoy a leisurely breakfast. My kids love pancakes and waffles. I'm sharing my kid's favorite tasty waffle recipe that I adapted from the Joy of Cooking cookbook. It's wholesome, easy and kid-tested and approved!
You can make this a fun breakfast activity for the little ones by allowing them to get creative with the toppings. Kids love to decorate their food. Getting your kids involved in the kitchen is one of the best ways to create healthy eating habits to last a lifetime.
If casseroles are more of your weekend breakfast jam, then you should definitely try this Sausage and Egg Breakfast Casserole. It's easy and the whole family will devour it! If you prefer pancakes, then I've got you covered from protein-packed pancakes to sweet potato pancakes! Just type "pancakes" in my search bar and find a new favorite.
Kid-Approved Tasty Waffle Recipe
Making this tasty waffle recipe is super easy!
Preheat a waffle iron. Whisk together in a large bowl:
1 ¾ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tbsp sugar
½ tsp sea salt
In another bowl, blend together:
1 stick olive oil blend butter (such as Land O'Lakes), melted and cooled to room temperature
1 ½ cups milk (I used low-fat milk)
Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Combine with a few swift strokes with the whisk. It should resemble thick muffin batter. Do not over mix. Most waffle irons will use about heaping ½ cup batter per waffle. Cook waffles until lightly brown. Enjoy with real maple syrup, fresh fruit or sugar-free syrup.
Kid-approved Tasty Waffle Recipe
- 1 ¾ cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 8 tbsp butter melted and cooled to room temp. I like to use the olive oil and butter blend sticks
- 1 ½ cups 2% milk
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in one bowl.
- Whisk together eggs, butter and milk in a separate bowl.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients.
- Combine with a few swift strokes with the whisk.
- It should resemble thick muffin batter.
- Do not over mix.
- Most waffle irons will use about heaping ½ cup batter per waffle.
- Cook until lightly brown.
- Enjoy with real maple syrup, fresh fruit or sugar free syrup.