My kids gobbled these cookies up with no complaints. Actually, they loved them and went back for seconds. You won’t feel a bit deprived when you eat one of these healthier peanut butter protein cookies.
[bctt tweet=”You won’t feel a bit deprived when you eat one of these healthier protein cookies. ” username=”@AmeeLivingston”]
There’s very little sugar in these cookies. They are sweetened with maple sugar, a natural source made from pure maple sap and the sugar-free sweetener in the protein powder. If you can’t find maple sugar in your area, you can substitute unrefined cane sugar or coconut sugar in this recipe. I used Quest’s peanut butter protein powder with great results. These guilt-free cookies can satisfy your sweet tooth without sabotaging your diet. Enjoy!
Peanut Butter Protein Cookies
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (I used Simple Truth Organic)
- 3 tbsp maple sugar (can sub unrefined cane sugar or coconut sugar)
- 1 whole egg
- 1 tsp good quality vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Quest peanut butter protein powder (or your favorite brand)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Mix all ingredients in the bowl of an electric mixer on medium speed until well blended
- Roll into tablespoon-size balls and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Press down on center with a fork and repeat to make the criss-cross pattern
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until firm
- Cool and enjoy.