This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
My kids gobbled these cookies up with no complaints. Actually, they loved them and went back for seconds. You won’t feel a bit deprived when you eat one of these healthier peanut butter protein cookies.
Peanut Butter Protein Cookies Make A Great Snack!
There’s very little sugar in these peanut butter protein cookies. They are sweetened with a small amount of maple sugar, a natural sweetener made from pure maple sap and the sugar-free sweetener in the protein powder. If you can’t find maple sugar in your area, you can substitute with natural brown sugar. They both turn out great. I would caution against using coconut sugar, because it will make them too dry.
For the protein powder, I used Quest’s peanut butter protein powder with great results. I cannot guarantee the same results with another protein powder, they are not all created equal when it comes to baking. These guilt-free cookies can satisfy your sweet tooth without sabotaging your diet. Enjoy!
I don’t recommend a pure, natural peanut butter for this recipe where the oil tends to separate from the nut butter. It will make them too dry. Use a no-stir peanut butter that’s creamy that contains added oil to give them a better texture. I have used the Skippy Natural creamy peanut butter and Natural Jiff peanut butter with great success.
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter I used Simple Truth Organic
- 3 tbsp maple sugar can sub unrefined cane sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 whole egg
- 1 tsp good quality vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Quest peanut butter protein powder or your favorite brand
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Mix all ingredients in the bowl of an electric mixer on medium speed until well blended
- Roll into tablespoon-size balls and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Press down on center with a fork and repeat to make the criss-cross pattern
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until firm
- Cool and enjoy.