This Chocolate Protein Tiramisu is made with espresso, stevia-based sweetener, protein powder, ladyfingers, and a blend of whipped topping and soft cheeses. We think it's just as good, if not better than the original!
I have a coffee obsession and love just about anything coffee-flavored, especially coffee-flavored desserts. I'm a huge fan of good homemade Tiramisu, but the traditional version is loaded with fat, calories, and sugar. Obviously, that makes it taste amazing, but it's not so good for my healthy eating goals.
This recipe was born out of a Friday night craving for coffee-soaked ladyfingers and cream. I knew that I could come up with a better version that would not only be tasty, but much more macro-friendly.
I made a chocolate version of tiramisu, but you can stick with a more classic tiramisu flavor by using vanilla protein powder for this recipe. My family loves chocolate, so I thought it would be a nice twist. I used Earth Fed Muscle protein in this recipe. I'm a HUGE fan of their protein powder for its quality, taste, and texture. It's incredible just mixed with almond milk or milk and works really well in baked goods. I made gluten-free strawberry donuts with their strawberry protein that turned out delicious.
Tips For Making Protein Tiramisu
If you want to cut the fat calories down in this recipe, just use all non-fat ricotta cheese instead of the mascarpone ricotta blend. You can also reduce the sugar intake by a few grams using a sugar-free whipped topping. I love the Truwhip, it's my go-to whipped cream alternative because it does not contain hydrogenated oils. I definitely splurge on the real deal for special occasions.
Mascarpone is the traditional cheese used in tiramisu and I love the flavor and texture in this recipe. I just save my calories elsewhere. Trust me, it's worth the splurge. Make sure that you get the ladyfingers from the bakery section of the grocery store for this recipe. You want the softer ones, similar to a sponge cake texture, not the ones with the crispy cookie-like texture.
Per serving: 281 calories; 9 g protein; 19 g carbs; 19 g fat.
If you love this recipe I would be so grateful if you could leave a 5-star 🌟rating in the recipe card below. I love reading your comments and feedback!
Chocolate Protein Tiramisu
- 3 oz ladyfingers
- ¾ cup espresso cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ½ tablespoon Whole Earth sweetener
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese
- ½ cup non-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 scoops Earth Fed Muscle Dutch Chocolate Noctural casein *or Earth Fed Muscle chocolate whey protein
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 8 oz Truwhip whipped topping
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder for dusting
- Combine espresso, vanilla and 1 ½ tablespoon Whole Earth sweetener in a glass Pyrex dish with a spout and stir until mixed.
- Line an 8x8 glass baking dish with half of the ladyfingers.
- Pour half of the espresso mixture over the ladyfingers and swirl around the sponge cakes until liquid is absorbed.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine mascarpone, ricotta, almond extract, remaining 2 tablespoon of Whole Earth sweetener and 2 scoops of protein powder.
- Blend with the whisk attachment until smooth and creamy.
- Add the whipped topping and mix until just blended.
- Spread half of the whipped filling mixture over the ladyfingers.
- Repeat with second layer.
- Dust the top with cocoa powder and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Easy Instant Pot Crack Chicken - December 6, 2023
- Easy Hot Cocoa Mug Cake (Gluten-Free) - December 4, 2023
- Easy Orange Glazed Croissants Recipe with Crescent Rolls - November 28, 2023