This delicious protein-packed ice cream sandwich is made with a baked protein bar and healthier ice cream alternative for a delicious macro-friendly treat. *Disclosure: I'm a brand ambassador for Quest Nutrition and Halo Top and promote their products as a loyal brand user. All opinions are my own.
I love baking Quest bars into cookies. Have you tried this yet?! A baked Quest bar is the foundation for this delicious protein-packed ice cream sandwich. I shared another favorite baked Quest bar dessert on my Instagram page. Make sure you are following me there for more healthy eats!
I have a few favorite flavors that are my new staples. I'm crushing on the Blueberry, Mocha Chocolate Chip, and Oatmeal Chocolate Chip. I can get burned out on bars, not that I eat them all the time or every single day, but they are an awesome grab-and-go snack when I'm busy or traveling.
I try and always eat snacks that are a mix of protein and carbs or protein and fat, depending on my workout activity for the day. When you're getting an average of 20 grams of protein and 14 grams of fiber in a single snack, you can't really go wrong with this convenient source of fuel.
I had this magical idea to bake a Quest cookie and turn it into an ice cream sandwich with another favorite product of mine, Halo Top ice cream! That, my friends, is how this protein-packed ice cream sandwich was born.
Make sure that you let the Halo Top sit out for a few minutes to soften. It's really so much better after is softens up for a few minutes before attempting to scoop it out. This way, you can have a great texture to work with and a scrumptious, drippy hunk of ice cream to devour.
I prefer eating this softened-up a bit, but if you like it more frozen, then just neatly press the ice cream between the baked Quest bar cookies and run a knife around the sides. Wrap in plastic wrap and freeze for a few minutes to set.
They are less messy this way, but I don't mind getting my hands sticky for an epic ice cream concoction. Sometimes, you've just got to have dessert, y'all. Get your hands messy and dig in!
You can stay on top of your goals and enjoy a summer treat, too!
Protein-Packed Ice Cream Sandwich
- 1 Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Quest Bar
- ½ cup Halo Top Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper
- Cut Quest bar in half and mold each half into a circle shape
- Bake 4-5 minutes and set aside to cool completely
- Set out Halo Top ice cream to soften for 5 mins
- Scoop ½ cup ice cream and press between each cookie.
- Meal Prep Healthy Egg McMuffin Copycat (High Protein High Fiber) - February 26, 2024
- Breakfast Ground Turkey Quinoa Bowl - February 12, 2024
- Easy Greek Air Fryer Halibut (Oven Baked Option) - February 7, 2024