This edible protein cookie dough recipe is made with creamy nut butter, protein powder, and whole oats and you can eat it with a spoon!
One of my biggest weaknesses is raw cookie dough. It's like heaven on a spoon and will derail your healthy eating plan with only a few big bites (insert sad face). Cookies rarely make it to the baking sheet in this house. Just gimme the dough!
However, you can make your own delicious edible protein cookie dough recipe that is rich and indulgent without the refined sugar with an added protein boost. Yay for healthier substitutions!!!!
Just look at that healthier deliciousness...
What Goes In Edible Protein Cookie Dough
This healthier cookie dough is perfect for peanut butter lovers! I have to say, it's pretty addictive and you only need a few simple ingredients.
- Nut butter- I favor creamy no-stir natural peanut butter, but any nut butter here will work.
- Vanilla whey protein powder- You can go with your favorite protein, but different brands can affect the flavor of the recipe. I don't like overly sweet protein powders and some taste very artificial to me. A few of my favorites are Earth Fed Muscle, Tera's Whey, and Quest Nutrition.
- Whole Oats- quick oats work well here, too.
- Butter- I recommend a flavorful creamy butter from grass-fed cows, like Kerrygold
- Unsweetened Almond Milk- you can also use oat milk or soy milk in this recipe, but it will alter the calories and micronutrients slightly.
- Vanilla Extract
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Honey- real maple syrup is also great here, or you can use a stevia-based product for a sugar-free version.
The servings for this recipe are around 1 ½ tablespoon each. If you are strict about tracking your macros, just roll the dough into 24 balls and you can accurately log the nutrition info.
Want a bite? 😉
How To Store Edible Cookie Dough
You can store this cookie dough in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to a week (if it even lasts that long), or you can roll it into 24 balls and freeze these bite-size servings in a sealed container for up to 3 months. Just pop one out when you get a craving!
This edible protein cookie dough makes a great snack or filling and delicious dessert! If you love this recipe, you should also check out these PB&J Energy Bites!
Edible Protein Cookie Dough Recipe
- 2 cups nut butter I used creamy, no stir, peanut butter
- 1 cup vanilla protein powder I used Tera's Whey Bourbon vanilla in this recipe
- ½ cup whole oats
- ¼ cup butter I recommend a good quality butter, like Kerrygold
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon honey or 1-2 packets stevia if desired for more sweetness
- Mix nut butter, protein powder, oats and butter in the bowl of an electric mixer and mix on low speed until smooth and combined.
- Add milk, stevia (if using) and vanilla extract and blend until mixed.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes until set.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Mocha Protein Shake - March 15, 2023
- San Marzano Pizza Sauce - March 13, 2023
- Whipped Feta Dip with Roasted Tomatoes and Olives - March 6, 2023
Subscribe for 5 protein-packed one-dish dinners delivered straight to your INBOX!
These 5 easy protein-packed one-dish recipes make mealtime a breeze!
Ok, you are killing me with this - it looks AMAZING. I wish I had a spoonful (jar) right now.
Lol, it's addictive Aggie! Thank you! 🙂
This sounds soooooo yummy!
Thank you Lauren! 🙂
When do you add the oats or am I missing that in the directions?
Thank you for catching that error Angie! Just added that in the directions. Sorry about that! I hope that you enjoy the recipe!
Can I sub in pb2 powder and water for the nut butter?
You can definitely try it, but it may turn out dry. If you do, let me know how it goes!