*This is a sponsored post for Mori-Nu. All opinions are always my own.
Coconut chocolate chia pudding is a delicious healthy gluten free dessert, made with a secret ingredient to give it a creamy, rich texture! This easy chia pudding recipe is chocolaty, rich, and quick to make.
There’s a secret ingredient in this delicious protein and fiber-rich chocolate chia pudding….TOFU! Yes, you read that right and you would never know it’s in this creamy, decadent dessert. I have made several desserts in the past using tofu, like my Surprise Chocolate Pie (July 2011) and Tofu Chocolate Mousse (Sept 2011) .
They are both fabulous, but I wanted to make a new version using canned coconut milk and one of my favorite superfoods, the Chia seed. This version not only turned out great, but it just might be a new favorite!
Tofu is a great source of protein. I like to pair sugar with protein for better metabolism in the body. It’s all about balancing macronutrients with treats to keep blood sugar levels from spiking. I used Mori-Nu Soft Silken Tofu to make this dessert. Mori-Nu tofu is a silken tofu, a very delicate and smooth variety of tofu. It’s never drained or pressed which gives it a creamy, custard-like, texture and actually, it’s made right inside the box!
Mori-Nu tofu comes in an aseptic carton that seals in the nutrients and freshness without the need for refrigeration. These cartons can be conveniently stored in your pantry for a long shelf life, while ensuring food safety. Mori-Nu tofu comes in 6 different varieties of firmness and function and is certified NON GMO, Kosher, Halal and gluten-free. This chia pudding recipe is super easy to make and my whole family loves it!
I hope you will try this coconut chocolate chia pudding recipe. If you do make it, please leave a comment below, because I’d love to know what you think of it!
Coconut Chocolate Chia Pudding
- 1 1/2 cups good quality semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 (12oz) cartons Mori-Nu soft silken tofu, drained well
- 1 can coconut milk (regular, not light)
- 2 tsp good quality vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp real maple syrup
- 5 tbsp chia seeds
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between until melted
- Stir until smooth
- Add all ingredients, except chia seeds, into a food processor and run until smooth and creamy
- Add chia seeds and pulse a few times until mixed
- Ladle pudding into 8 dessert dishes and chill for several hours or overnight before serving
- Garnish with grated chocolate or your favorite whipped topping