This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
A silky, protein-packed and delicious recipe for vegan chocolate mousse made with organic tofu. It’s rich and amazing. A dessert with a protein boost!
This delicious healthier chocolate mousse will surprise your guests because they will never know that it’s healthy! It’s a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth, without sabotaging all your workout efforts. Of course, everything in moderation.
This tofu chocolate mousse recipe inspiration comes from Tosca Reno’s “The Eat-Clean Diet Cookbook”. I love her passion for health and fitness and her cooking philosophy. The clean eating motto is eating foods in their natural state, or as close to it as possible. There really aren’t any “dirty” foods, just better options to chose for optimal health. You can use regular or organic tofu for this recipe. This dessert is nutritious, tasty, quick and easy!
How To Make Vegan Chocolate Mousse with Tofu
To make this easy dessert recipe, you only need a few simple ingredients.
*Adapted from “The Eat-Clean Diet Cookbook”
- 1 cup semi-sweet vegan chocolate chips (Enjoy Life chocolate chips or Lily’s chocolate chips if I’m cutting the sugar.)
- 12 oz room temperature organic silken tofu, drained (make sure all liquid is removed)
- ½ cup strong brewed coffee (espresso preferred)
- 1 tsp good quality vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp honey
Melt chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 seconds increments, stirring in between, until melted and smooth. In the bowl of a food processor process all ingredients until smooth and creamy. Ladle into serving bowls and chill for several hours before serving.
Protein-Packed Vegan Chocolate Mousse
- 1 cup semi-sweet Enjoy Life chocolate chips , melted
- 12 oz organic silken tofu at room temperature, drained
- ½ cup strong brewed coffee espresso preferred
- 1 tsp best-quality vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp honey
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second increments, until melted
- Stir until smooth
- In a food processor combine all ingredients and process until smooth
- Ladle into serving bowls and chill for several hours and serve
- This mousse is best when refrigerated overnight and served the next day. Delicious.