This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Weeknights can be so busy, from homework with kids to my evening workout sessions with Flynn, there’s not a lot of time to fuss in the kitchen. I love stir-fry dishes of all kinds. Really, just about any recipes with an Asian influence are winners in my book. I love the seasonings, sauces and flavors in Asian cooking. It brings out the incredible umami in meats and makes fresh vegetables more interesting to eat.
The cool thing about stir fry dishes are that they are really speedy to make, you just steam your vegetables and grab a lean protein, chopped in small pieces, that will cook quickly in the hot wok. The key to this dish is allowing the meat to marinate in the sauce for a bit and using the remaining marinade on the vegetables while cooking. The add-in options here are endless, get create with spices and vegetables that you enjoy.
This beef stir-fry is loaded with flavor and you have a healthy meal that’s ready in under 20 minutes.
Beef & Vegetable Stir FryPrint Pin Rate
- For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce can also sub Bragg's liquid aminos or coconut aminos
- 4 tsp cane sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
- red pepper flakes to taste
- For the stir fry:
- 1 lb top sirloin cut into thin strips
- 2 carrots julienne sliced (thin slices)
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 green or red pepper sliced into thin, julienne, strips
- *you can also use 2 12 oz bags of fresh stir fry vegetables for speed and convenience
- 2 tbsp olive or canola oil
- *optional: 2-3 Tien Tsin dried China Chili Peppers
- sesame seeds for garnish
- Whisk all sauce ingredients together and pour into a Ziplock bag.
- Add steak to sauce and marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Steam vegetables in a steamer basket over a pot of boiling water for 4-5 minutes or until tender-crisp.
- Drain excess water and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large stir fry pan or Wok over medium-high heat.
- Add meat to the pan, reserving sauce, and cook 3-4 minutes until steak is lightly browned, stirring constantly.
- Add vegetables, chili peppers (if using) and sauce to the pan and cook for a few minutes more to mingle flavors, stirring frequently.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and serve.
Latest posts by Amee Livingston (see all)
- The Best Baked Brie with Apricot Jam & Almonds - December 3, 2019
- Amazing Green Bean Casserole From Scratch - November 24, 2019
- Applewood Bacon-Wrapped Venison Loin with Raspberry Sauce - November 15, 2019