This simple grilled top sirloin steak recipe is topped with flavorful mushrooms sauteéd in a balsamic butter sauce and on the table in under 30 minutes. *This grilled top sirloin recipe post is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Alexia. The opinions and text are all mine.
Weeknights can be so busy, that's why I love nutritious meals, like this Grilled Top Sirloin with Balsamic Glazed Mushrooms, that can be prepared in less than 30 minutes. Top sirloin is one of my go-to meat choices for family meals because it's tender, delicious and an affordable cut of lean beef.
- Top sirloin steaks- about 4 oz each
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh mushrooms
- Good quality balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
Brush top sirloin steaks with 1 teaspoon olive oil and season lightly with salt and pepper. Preheat the grill to medium heat. Heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and butter in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and stir to coat. Pour in balsamic and cook until vinegar is reduced and mushrooms are nicely caramelized, about 5-8 minutes. Grill steaks to the desired doneness using a meat thermometer to make sure they turn out perfectly (145 degrees F for medium-rare and 160 degrees F for medium), this is about 8-9 minutes for medium-rare for a 1 ½ inch steak. Plate steaks and top with mushrooms. Serve with sweet potato fries and a side salad.
Budget-Savvy Beef Tip
You can save quite a bit of money buying your meat in larger cuts from the butcher and cutting it into smaller steaks.
The Perfect Steak Pairing
Potatoes are always the perfect accompaniment to steak and my family loves the all-natural Sweet Potato Fries with Sea Salt from Alexia Foods. They are simple to prepare, made with premium, real ingredients, and cook up in less than 25 minutes.
By the time the grill is warmed and the steaks are cooked, the baked fries will be ready to serve...easy breezy! Pair this meal with a mixed green salad and you have a well-rounded meal the whole family will enjoy.
Spicy Sriracha Mayo Dip
If you want to kick things up a notch, try this spicy Sriracha mayo dip for dipping the fries. It's easy and delicious!
In a small bowl, whisk together:
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha hot sauce
- Dash cayenne pepper
Don't forget to grab a bag of Alexia Foods Sweet Potato fries with Sea Salt on your next shopping trip! They have so many delicious frozen sides to choose from and they're all amazing. Crispy onion rings with panko breading are another personal favorite. Alexia Foods produces quality products and my family loves them. Check out more family-friendly recipes at the Alexia Foods website. They have a lot of quick and easy dinner ideas to inspire your next meal.
More Delicious Steak Recipes
Grilled Top Sirloin with Balsamic glazed mushrooms
- 4 Top Sirloin Steaks (about 4 oz each)
- 1 ⅓ tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- ⅛ cup good quality balsamic vinegar
- salt & pepper to taste
- Brush top sirloin steaks with 1 teaspoon olive oil and season lightly with salt and pepper
- Preheat grill to medium heat
- Heat the remaining tablespoon olive oil and butter in a saute pan over medium heat
- Add mushrooms and stir to coat
- Pour in balsamic and cook until vinegar is reduced and mushrooms are nicely caramelized, about 5-8 minutes
- Grill steaks to the desired doneness using a meat thermometer to make sure they turn out perfectly (145 degrees F for medium-rare and 160 degrees F for medium), this is about 8-9 minutes for medium-rare for a 1 ½ inch steak
- Plate steaks and top with mushrooms
- Serve with sweet potato fries and a salad
- Easy Instant Pot Crack Chicken - December 6, 2023
- Easy Hot Cocoa Mug Cake (Gluten-Free) - December 4, 2023
- Easy Orange Glazed Croissants Recipe with Crescent Rolls - November 28, 2023