This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
I love so many variations of stuffed mushrooms. This gluten-free recipe isn’t made with breadcrumbs, like many traditional stuffed mushroom recipes. These tasty Italian Sausage and Sundried Tomato Stuffed Mushrooms are packed with flavor from the dried tomatoes, sweet onion, cheese, herbs and spices and cooked, crumbled sausage. I also think toasted pine nuts would be a great addition to this mix. I love lots of texture going on in a bite size hors d’oeuvrve.
Italian Sausage and Sundried Tomato Stuffed MushroomsPrint Pin Rate
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 medium size mushrooms or 24 small
- 1/4 cup very finely chopped sundried tomatoes I buy them in a bag and rehydrate them in warm water
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried basil or 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh basil
- 3 links mild or medium Italian sausage
- *Optional: chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prepare your mushrooms by removing the stems and scooping out a little of the center to make room for your stuffing
- Chop the stems finely and save to add to the stuffing
- Remove sausage from their casings by cutting a slit down the center and squeezing out the meat Discard casings and saute sausage in olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet
- Add onion and mushroom stems and saute until onion is translucent and soft
- Add in all other ingredients and stir until cheese begins to melt
- Fill the mixture into the mushroom caps and drizzle with olive oil
- Bake for about 30 minutes until stuffing begins to brown
- Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired
Delicious. Simple. Healthy. You can make it Paleo by leaving out the cheese.
This appetizer is a new favorite in our rotation!
Latest posts by Amee Livingston (see all)
- The Best Baked Brie with Apricot Jam & Almonds - December 3, 2019
- Amazing Green Bean Casserole From Scratch - November 24, 2019
- Applewood Bacon-Wrapped Venison Loin with Raspberry Sauce - November 15, 2019