Roasted fingerling potato salad with green beans and feta cheese is a delicious and easy to make side salad recipe. Perfect for picnics or potlucks, it comes together in a snap!
This healthy, hearty fingerling potato salad recipe was featured over at the Idaho Potato website. You can check out my featured recipes here. Also, be sure and browse their site for so many more tempting dishes from fellow foodies.
I love using fingerling potatoes in salad recipes or just roasting them with a little olive oil and coarse salt. They aren’t just cute, but full of delicious buttery flavor. I love the fun color pop they give to salads and side dishes.
Making this roasted potato salad is so easy!
Drizzle beans and chopped fingerlings with EVOO. Go ahead, don’t be shy, that heart-healthy oil is good for you.
Roast your beans until they are crisp-tender and potatoes are lightly golden, about 20 minutes.
Chop the shallots and garlic and cook in 1 tbsp EVOO over medium heat.
I hope you enjoy this roasted fingerling potato salad recipe!
Roasted Fingerling, Green Bean & Feta Salad with Lemon Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 16 oz haricots verts green beans
- 1 1/2 lbs Idaho fingerling potatoes, sliced into cubes
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small shallot, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp good quality white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 2 oz feta cheese
- sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Snap stem end off green beans, wash and pat dry.
- Place beans in a bowl and add 1 tbsp olive oil and toss to coat.
- Set aside.
- Wash fingerling potatoes and pat dry.
- Slice into cubes and toss with 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Spread potatoes out onto a greased roasting pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Stir potatoes and add green beans to the pan.
- Roast for 20 more minutes until beans are crisp tender and potatoes are lightly golden and cooked through.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat and add shallots and garlic.
- Cook until shallots are translucent and soft, about 3-4 minutes.
- Pour shallots and garlic into a bowl and add balsamic vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, Dijon and honey.
- Whisk mixture until well blended.
- Place green beans and potatoes into a serving bowl and pour dressing mixture on top.
- Toss to coat and top with feta cheese.
- Serve room temperature.