This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
A recipe for chocolate peanut butter protein balls with dates made with dark chocolate chips, oats, coconut, dates, peanut butter, healthy seeds, coconut oil, and honey. *Smart Balance dark chocolate peanut butter was provided to me for review.
Protein Balls Are Quick Energy
When you’re in between workouts or busy and on-the-run, quick grab-and-go snacks are a lifesaver! These protein balls are full of good nutrition to fuel your body and provide the energy it needs. Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Balls with Dates are the perfect solution to satisfy your cravings and fill you up. Besides, feeling hangry is a real bummer.
Having energy for my workouts is important for my workout performance. These little bites definitely do the trick to provide stored energy for my body to burn. Bite-sized and calorie-dense, these little protein balls go a long way to give your body quality and TASTY fuel. They are pretty damn delicious, too.
Pair them with a lean protein or protein shake and you’ve got a great post-workout snack. My kids love them for breakfast, too. Added Perk: Chocolate peanut butter protein balls with dates are a great way to get more healthy fats in your diet!
In addition to these Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Balls, we also love these Peanut Butter and Jelly Energy Bites.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Balls with Dates
- 1 cup dry oatmeal can use quick oats or whole oats
- 3/4 cup unsweetened flaked coconut toasted
- 1 cup Medjool dates seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup Smart Balance dark chocolate peanut butter creamy or chunky or your favorite peanut butter
- 1/4 cup raw shelled hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup ground golden flaxseed
- 1/3 cup raw honey can use real maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- dash sea salt
- *optional: 1/2 cup mini dark chocolate chips
- Toast coconut in a saute pan on med-high heat until lightly golden, stirring often.
- Place coconut and all other ingredients into the bowl of a food processor.
- Pulse until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Roll into balls and place in an airtight container.
- Chill and store in the refrigerator.