When you’re in between workouts or busy and on-the-run, a quick grab-and-go snack full of good nutrition is great to fuel your body and provide the energy it needs. These chocolate peanut butter energy bites are the perfect solution to satisfy your cravings and fill you up. These bite-sized treats are calorie dense, so a little goes a long way to give your body what it needs. Pair them with a lean protein or protein shake and you’ve got a great post-workout snack.
These chocolate peanut butter energy bites are a great way to get more healthy fats in your diet and appease your sweet tooth without guilt!
Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Bites
A delicious and healthy snack on-the-go
- 1 cup dry oatmeal can use quick oats or whole oats
- 3/4 cup unsweetened flaked coconut toasted
- 1 cup Medjool dates seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup Smart Balance dark chocolate peanut butter creamy or chunky or your favorite peanut butter
- 1/4 cup raw shelled hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup ground golden flaxseed
- 1/3 cup raw honey can use real maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- dash sea salt
- *optional: 1/2 cup mini dark chocolate chips
- Toast coconut in a saute pan on med-high heat until lightly golden, stirring often.
- Place coconut and all other ingredients into the bowl of a food processor.
- Pulse until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Roll into balls and place in an airtight container.
- Chill and store in the refrigerator.
*Smart Balance dark chocolate peanut butter was provided to me for review. All opinions are my own and not influenced in any way.