This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Sweet and sour kale is a delicious, healthy, and easy kale side dish, packed with superfood nutrients. Fresh cranberries and crunchy almonds provide antioxidant properties and wonderful flavor to this healthy dish!
This braised kale recipe is so scrumptious that it will have you craving your greens. It’s also easy to prepare, so you can whip up a fast, healthy dinner on busy weeknights. I like to serve this alongside grilled tenderloin steaks.
This sweet and savory kale recipe is delish!
Sweet and Sour Kale with Cranberries and Almonds
- 1 lb bag chopped kale greens
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp raw sugar
- 1 14.5 oz can chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds toasted
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- In a large stock pot or dutch oven, heat olive oil on medium heat. Add garlic and cook until it begins to turn a light golden color. Stir in broth, sugar and cider vinegar and bring to a boil on medium-high heat. Add kale greens and stir. Cover with a lid and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove lid and add dried cranberries. Cook another 10 minutes or so until kale is softened and liquid has been reduced. Toss with almonds and serve.