This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Homemade pumpkin dog treats are easy to make and more nutritious for your furry friend than the store-bought counterparts. These simple homemade dog treats are made with wholesome real food ingredients.
This dog treat recipe comes from the Organic Dog Treat Cookbook, from the Bubba Rose Biscuit Company. This cookbook is full of drool-worthy dog treat recipes your dog will beg for!
These from-scratch dog biscuits are made with a blend of oat flour and brown rice flour and canned pumpkin. So while they are safe for human consumption, I think they'd be pretty dry. If you're hungry for a human treat, you might want to make some pumpkin oat flour pancakes or pumpkin chocolate cake instead.
How To Make Homemade Pumpkin Dog Treats
You only need 5 ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry.
- Oat Flour
- Brown Rice Flour
- Pumpkin Puree (homemade or canned)
The bone-shaped cookie cutter came with the cookbook, but you can make these any shape you like. I did half the batch with the cookie cutter and half the batch in a regular cookie shape. Making them into cookie balls and pressing down to make a criss-cross pattern with a fork is definitely faster and easier.
Our German Shorthaired Pointer, Brownie, waiting patiently for his delicious treats. 🙂
Here are more recipes for homemade dog treats:
Brownie gives these healthy homemade dog biscuits a big paw's up!
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all ingredients well in a large bowl until a soft dough forms.
- Roll into 1" balls and press down with a fork (creating a criss-cross pattern) or pat to about 1" thickness and cut with a cookie cutter to desired shape.
- Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake 20-25 minutes.
- They won't expand, so you can place them close together.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.