This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Healthy homemade dog treats are easy to make and more nutritious for your furry friend than the store bought counterparts. These dog biscuits are made with real food ingredients!
The dog treats recipe comes from the Organic Dog Treat Cookbook, from the Bubba Rose Biscuit Company. This cookbook is full of drool-worthy dog treat recipes your dog will beg for!
These from-scratch dog biscuits are made with oat flour, brown rice flour, pumpkin puree, and egg. So while they are safe for human consumption, I think they’d be pretty dry. If you’re hungry for a human treat, make some pumpkin ice cream instead.
My dog, Brownie, gives these healthy homemade dog treats a big paw’s up!
Healthy Homemade Dog Treats
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all ingredients well in a large bowl until a soft dough forms.
- Roll into 1" balls and press down with a fork (creating a criss-cross pattern) or pat to about 1" thickness and cut with a cookie cutter to desired shape.
- Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake 20-25 minutes.
- They won't expand, so you can place them close together.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Brownie waiting patiently for his delicious treats.…
Here are more recipes for homemade dog treats:
Latest posts by Amee Livingston (see all)
- The Best Baked Brie with Apricot Jam & Almonds - December 3, 2019
- Amazing Green Bean Casserole From Scratch - November 24, 2019
- Applewood Bacon-Wrapped Venison Loin with Raspberry Sauce - November 15, 2019