Fig Walnut Prosciutto Salad with Fig Balsamic Dressing is a hearty, healthy dinner salad made with fresh figs. With crunchy walnuts and salty prosciutto, this easy salad recipe will welcome your taste buds with loads of flavor and texture.
I had to recreate a salad that I had a couple weekends ago, when dining out for our anniversary. We had a wonderful meal at Wahoo! Grill in Decatur, GA. This dinner salad hasn’t escaped my mind since I left that night, so here is my version (without knowing their original recipe). It was a pretty good guess, though I didn’t saute the prosciutto until crispy (that is optional…I like it sliced just as it is..) The blend of fresh, sweet seasonal figs and the saltiness of the prosciutto ham is a heavenly combo.
And the fig balsamic dressing on this prosciutto salad…OMG! Please let me know what you think of this recipe!
For the salad:
2 cups gourmet lettuce blend (arugula, spinach and spring mix)
8 fresh figs, rinsed and sliced in half
4 slices prosciutto ham, chopped into bite size pieces
1/4 cup gorgonzola cheese
1/2 cup walnuts, toasted
1 large shallot, minced
2 tbsp fig preserves
4 tbsp + 1tsp olive oil
2 tbsp good quality balsamic vinegar
dash salt and pepper
In a small pan, sauté the minced shallot in the 1 tsp olive oil until soft. Spoon the shallots into a small mason or glass jar and add all other dressing ingredients. Screw on lid and shake vigorously until well mixed. Assemble your salad into two bowls and top with dressing.
- For the Salad:2 cups gourmet lettuce blend arugula, spinach and spring mix
- 8 fresh figs rinsed and sliced in half
- 4 slices prosciutto ham chopped into bite size pieces
- 1/4 cup gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 cup walnuts toasted
- For the Dressing:1 large shallot minced
- 2 tbsp fig preserves
- 4 tbsp + 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp good quality balsamic vinegar
- dash salt and pepper
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, sauté the minced shallot in the 1 tsp olive oil until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Spoon the shallots into a small mason or glass jar and add all other dressing ingredients.
- Screw on lid and shake vigorously until well mixed.
- Assemble your salad into two bowls and top with dressing.
Serve this delicious fig salad with some fresh flatbread or dinner rolls. For dessert, maybe a fruit parfait.