Prosciutto Fig Salad with Fig Balsamic Dressing is a hearty, healthy lunch or dinner salad made with fresh figs. With crunchy walnuts and salty prosciutto, this easy salad recipe will welcome your taste buds with loads of flavor and texture.
I had to recreate a salad that I had a couple of weekends ago when dining out for our anniversary. We had a wonderful meal at Wahoo! Grill in Decatur, GA. This dinner salad hasn't escaped my mind since I left that night, so here is my version (without knowing their original recipe). It was a pretty good guess, though I didn't saute the prosciutto until crispy (that is optional...I like it sliced just as it is..) The blend of fresh, sweet seasonal figs and the saltiness of the prosciutto ham is a heavenly combo.
And the fig balsamic dressing on this prosciutto salad...OMG! So damn good!
Prosciutto Fig Salad Ingredients
Gourmet lettuce blend (arugula, spinach, and spring mix)
Fresh figs, rinsed and sliced in half
Prosciutto ham, chopped into bite-size pieces
Fig Balsamic Dressing Ingredients
Large shallot, minced
Good quality balsamic vinegar
Salt and pepper
More Tasty Salad Recipes
Prosciutto Fig Salad with Fig Balsamic Dressing
- For the Salad:
- 2 cups gourmet lettuce blend arugula, spinach and spring mix
- 6 fresh figs rinsed and sliced in half
- 4 slices prosciutto ham chopped into bite size pieces
- ¼ cup gorgonzola cheese
- ¼ cup walnuts toasted
- For the Dressing:
- 1 large shallot minced
- 2 tablespoon fig preserves
- 4 ⅓ tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon good quality balsamic vinegar
- dash salt and pepper
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, sauté the minced shallot in the 1 teaspoon olive oil until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Spoon the shallots into a small mason or glass jar and add all other dressing ingredients.
- Screw on lid and shake vigorously until well mixed.
- Assemble your salad into two bowls and serve with dressing on the side.
- Mocha Protein Shake - March 15, 2023
- San Marzano Pizza Sauce - March 13, 2023
- Whipped Feta Dip with Roasted Tomatoes and Olives - March 6, 2023
Subscribe for 5 protein-packed one-dish dinners delivered straight to your INBOX!
These 5 easy protein-packed one-dish recipes make mealtime a breeze!
Leave a Reply