Pumpkin oat pancakes are wholesome pumpkin pancakes, using protein powder instead of flour. They’re hearty, healthy, and delicious!
I love pumpkin pancakes so decided to come up with a “Tone it Up” variation to fit into my healthy lifestyle. This easy pumpkin pancakes recipe is made with protein powder as a flour replacement. I cannot stress enough how important it is to use a great tasting, high quality protein powder for cooking and baking. The original “Tone it Up” pancakes recipe comes from SarahFit.com. I love playing around with the basic recipe to create new flavors.
Pumpkin oat pancakes are one of my favorite breakfast recipes! Enjoy~
Here’s what you’ll need to make the pumpkin oat pancakes recipe:
1 heaping scoop vanilla protein powder
1/4 cup organic pumpkin
3 egg whites
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp ground golden flaxseed
1 packet stevia
1 tsp chia seeds
2 tbsp oat flour or quick oats
2 tsp soy, almond or skim milk
1 tbsp organic raisins (optional)
2 tsp organic unrefined coconut oil
Agave nectar or real maple syrup for drizzling
Planters Pumpkin Spiced Almonds for topping
Pumpkin Oat Pancakes - Tone it Up Style
- 1 heaping scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 cup organic pumpkin
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp ground golden flaxseed
- 1 packet stevia
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp oat flour or quick oats
- 2 tsp soy, almond or skim milk
- 1 tbsp organic raisins (optional)
- 2 tsp organic unrefined coconut oil
- Agave nectar or real maple syrup for drizzling
- Planters Pumpkin Spiced Almonds for topping
1. Heat the coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat until melted. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
2. Pour into skillet and cook until edges start to turn colors and bubbles form (about 3-5 minutes). When pancake seems solid, flip over and cook the other side for 2 minutes.
Serve topped with a little Brumble and Brown spread, a drizzle of agave nectar and crushed pumpkin spiced almonds.