Pumpkin oat pancakes are wholesome pumpkin pancakes, using protein powder instead of flour. They’re hearty, healthy, and delicious!
I love pumpkin pancakes so decided to come up with a “Tone it Up” variation to fit into my healthy lifestyle. This easy pumpkin pancakes recipe is made with protein powder as a flour replacement. I cannot stress enough how important it is to use a great tasting, high quality protein powder for cooking and baking. The original “Tone it Up” pancakes recipe comes from SarahFit.com. I love playing around with the basic recipe to create new flavors.
Pumpkin oat pancakes are one of my favorite breakfast recipes! Enjoy~
Here’s what you’ll need to make the pumpkin oat pancakes recipe:
1 heaping scoop vanilla protein powder
1/4 cup organic pumpkin
3 egg whites
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp ground golden flaxseed
1 packet stevia
1 tsp chia seeds
2 tbsp oat flour or quick oats
2 tsp soy, almond or skim milk
1 tbsp organic raisins (optional)
2 tsp organic unrefined coconut oil
Agave nectar or real maple syrup for drizzling
Planters Pumpkin Spiced Almonds for topping
Pumpkin oat pancakes are wholesome pumpkin pancakes, using protein powder instead of flour. They're hearty, healthy, and delicious!
- 1 heaping scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 cup organic pumpkin
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp ground golden flaxseed
- 1 packet stevia
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp oat flour or quick oats
- 2 tsp soy almond or skim milk
- 1 tbsp organic raisins optional
- 2 tsp organic unrefined coconut oil
- Agave nectar or real maple syrup for drizzling
- Planters Pumpkin Spiced Almonds for topping
- 1. Heat the coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat until melted. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- 2. Pour into skillet and cook until edges start to turn colors and bubbles form (about 3-5 minutes). When pancake seems solid, flip over and cook the other side for 2 minutes.
- Serve topped with a little Brumble and Brown spread, a drizzle of agave nectar and crushed pumpkin spiced almonds.