Recently, I attended the IDEAWorld Fitness Conference in Las Vegas, Nevada and one of the highlights of this event was browsing all of the booths in the nutrition and fitness expo. I love trying out all of the latest and greatest fitness equipment and healthy food products!! If you know me, you’d know that I was in heaven in there!! One of my favorite new product finds was the wild smoked salmon from the Honey Smoked Fish Company. It always had a LONG line of people waiting for their Five Superfood Salad. This is not a sponsored post, by the way, I just really loved this product and rushed to Sams Club the day after I got home to stock-up! This easy Salmon Salad with Fresh Blueberry Vinaigrette is my own version of their superfood salad creation. It’s takes less than 5 minutes to make. Gotta love easy!
This salmon salad is perfect for a hot summer day or busy weeknight meal!
You can easily substitute grilled or baked wild salmon for the smoked salmon, if you can’t find it in your area. I love big salads for dinner in the summertime. It keeps my kitchen cool and makes clean-up a breeze. A few more favorites are Flank Steak Fajita Salad, Grilled Shrimp, Corn and Avocado Salad and Mediterranean Chicken, Spinach and Quinoa Salad. They are all great healthy summer meal options.
- 3 oz honey smoked salmon
- 2 packed cups fresh greens
- 1 mandarin orange peeled and divided into sections
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 shallot diced
- 1/4 cup orange juice not from concentrate
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine 1/4 cup blueberries, half of the shallots, orange juice, balsamic vinegar, olive oil and salt and pepper in a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Add greens, remaining onions, remaining blueberries and orange slices in a bowl and top with salmon.
- Drizzle dressing over top and enjoy.
If you try out the honey smoked salmon or this salmon salad recipe, give me a shout and let me know what you think! Enjoy!