Recently, I attended the IDEAWorld Fitness Conference in Las Vegas, Nevada and one of the highlights of this event was browsing all of the booths in the nutrition and fitness expo. I love trying out all of the latest and greatest fitness equipment and healthy food products!! If you know me, you’d know that I was in heaven in there!! One of my favorite new product finds was the wild smoked salmon from the Honey Smoked Fish Company. It always had a LONG line of people waiting for their Five Superfood Salad. This is not a sponsored post, by the way, I just really loved this product and rushed to Sams Club the day after I got home to stock-up! This easy Salmon Salad with Fresh Blueberry Vinaigrette is my own version of their superfood salad creation. It’s takes less than 5 minutes to make. Gotta love easy!
This salmon salad is perfect for a hot summer day or busy weeknight meal!
You can easily substitute grilled or baked wild salmon for the smoked salmon, if you can’t find it in your area. I love big salads for dinner in the summertime. It keeps my kitchen cool and makes clean-up a breeze. A few more favorites are Flank Steak Fajita Salad, Grilled Shrimp, Corn and Avocado Salad and Mediterranean Chicken, Spinach and Quinoa Salad. They are all great healthy summer meal options.
Summer Salmon Salad with Fresh Blueberry Vinaigrette
- 3 oz honey smoked salmon
- 2 packed cups fresh greens
- 1 mandarin orange peeled and divided into sections
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 shallot diced
- 1/4 cup orange juice not from concentrate
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine 1/4 cup blueberries, half of the shallots, orange juice, balsamic vinegar, olive oil and salt and pepper in a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Add greens, remaining onions, remaining blueberries and orange slices in a bowl and top with salmon.
- Drizzle dressing over top and enjoy.
If you try out the honey smoked salmon or this salmon salad recipe, give me a shout and let me know what you think! Enjoy!