This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Quinoa is not a grain, like oats, wheat or corn grits, that we typically associate with a breakfast meal. However, quinoa is very nutrient dense, containing all of the essential amino acids, making it a complete source of muscle-building protein. You may want to start thinking about including it into your breakfast rotation. This tasty, seasonal protein quinoa bowl recipe combines fresh summer berries, a creamy protein-packed cottage cheese whip, cooked quinoa and slivered almonds. It’s a perfect way to rise and shine and get your day off to a great start.
If you want to add a little extra sweetness, sprinkle a little maple sugar on top or drizzle with sugar-free maple syrup. I used Earth Fed Muscle vanilla protein powder when figuring out the nutritional stats for this recipe. It’s also one of the best protein powders that I’ve ever tasted. If you are interested in trying out their whey protein, they are offering a 5% discount to my my readers with code: WholeFit360. It doesn’t have an artificial taste and it mixes really well. I also used a higher fat cottage cheese because I prefer the taste and texture, but you can lower the fat and calories if you swap out a 2% cheese instead. This protein quinoa bowl is a hearty and tasty morning meal. Energy for daaaays!
Rise & Shine Protein Quinoa BowlPrint Pin Rate
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 8 oz 4% small curd cottage cheese can use lower fat, if desired
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- dash cinnamon
- 2 tbsp slivered almonds
- *optional: fresh mint for garnish
- Blend cottage cheese and protein powder in a blender or small food processor until smooth and creamy.
- Layer ingredients into two bowls.
- Drizzle with a little sugar free maple syrup and garnish with fresh mint, if desired.
- This recipe makes 2 servings
What are your favorite ways to eat quinoa? Have you tried a quinoa bowl recipe? Do you eat it for breakfast?
A few other quinoa recipes that I love are these Barbecue Quinoa Beef & Cheddar Mini Meatloaves, Pepperoni Pizza Quinoa Cups (a recipe from my friend, Lauren Kelly and great for kids!), and these Stuffed Patty Pan Squash with Quinoa, Grassfed Beef and Spinach that are as tasty as they are cute to serve.
Latest posts by Amee Livingston (see all)
- Applewood Bacon-Wrapped Venison Loin with Raspberry Sauce - November 15, 2019
- The Best Roasted Vegetable Salad - November 5, 2019
- Pumpkin Oat Flour Pancakes Made With Kefir - October 31, 2019