This tasty, seasonal protein quinoa bowl recipe combines fresh summer berries, a creamy protein-packed cottage cheese whip, cooked quinoa, and slivered almonds. It's a perfect way to rise and shine and get your day off to a great start.
Quinoa is not a grain, like oats, wheat, or corn grits, that we typically associate with a breakfast meal. However, quinoa is very nutrient-dense, containing all of the essential amino acids, making it a complete source of muscle-building protein. You may want to consider including it into your breakfast rotation if you haven't already.
How To Make A Tasty Breakfast Bowl With Quinoa
If you want to add a little extra sweetness, sprinkle a little maple sugar on top or drizzle with sugar-free maple syrup. I used Earth Fed Muscle vanilla protein powder when figuring out the nutritional stats for this recipe. It's also one of the best protein powders that I've ever tasted. It doesn't have an artificial taste and it mixes really well. I also used a higher fat cottage cheese because I prefer the taste and texture, but you can lower the fat and calories if you swap out a 2% cheese instead. This protein quinoa bowl is a hearty and tasty morning meal. Energy for daaaays!
What are your favorite ways to eat quinoa? Have you tried a quinoa bowl recipe? Do you eat it for breakfast?
A few other quinoa recipes that I love are these Barbecue Quinoa Beef & Cheddar Mini Meatloaves, Pepperoni Pizza Quinoa Cups (a recipe from my friend, Lauren Kelly and great for kids!), and these Stuffed Patty Pan Squash with Quinoa, Grassfed Beef and Spinach that are as tasty as they are cute to serve.
Breakfast Protein Quinoa Bowl
- ½ cup sliced fresh strawberries
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- 8 oz 4% small curd cottage cheese can use lower fat, if desired
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- dash cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon slivered almonds
- *optional: fresh mint for garnish
- Blend cottage cheese and protein powder in a blender or small food processor until smooth and creamy.
- Layer ingredients into two bowls.
- Drizzle with a little sugar free maple syrup and garnish with fresh mint, if desired.
- This recipe makes 2 servings
- Potato and Spinach Saute' - June 1, 2023
- Spicy Tuna Salad - May 29, 2023
- Birthday Cake Protein Bombs - May 22, 2023
Subscribe for 5 protein-packed one-dish dinners delivered straight to your INBOX!
These 5 easy protein-packed one-dish recipes make mealtime a breeze!
This looks so good! I like strawberry.
i will make it for tomorrow