This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
A simple gluten-free and Paleo-friendly recipe for easy roasted butternut squash made with olive oil (or coconut oil), cinnamon, and sea salt.
I love roasted anything, especially vegetables. It brings out the flavor of whatever you're cooking and makes vegetables more palatable for picky eaters. If you've never tried veggies roasted, then you are in for a real treat!
This roasted butternut squash recipe is super easy to make and uses only a few simple ingredients. The cinnamon gives this dish the best flavor. You can sometimes find butternut squash already peeled and cubed, which would make prep for this dish a breeze. Chopping the squash is the only tricky part, but I'm sharing some tips to make your life a little bit easier.
How To Cut Butternut Squash
Start by slicing off the ends of the squash. Next, with a good sharp peeler, peel the curvy squash before slicing. Hold the squash firmly on one end and slice the squash in half. Next, slice the squash into 1-inch rings. Then you'll slice into rectangles and then into chunks. A good sharp knife is essential to make this process much easier.
The prep for this recipe only takes as long as it takes to slice the squash. If you can find it precut for convenience, you've got a wholesome side dish recipe that's a cinch to throw together.
Steps To Make Roasted Butternut Squash
- Mix the olive oil (or coconut oil or a blend of the two- my preference) with the cinnamon and salt
- Toss with peeled and cubed butternut squash
- Pour into a baking dish
- Bake 45 minutes or until soft and lightly golden
Roasted butternut squash makes a great holiday side dish that's a good source of Vitamin A, potassium, and fiber. It's like veggie candy...so good you can't stop eating it!
Add this side dish favorite to your holiday menu and let me know what you think!
Easy Roasted Butternut Squash
- 6 cups butternut squash cubed
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil *can also use coconut oil. I like to use half and half.
- ½ to 1 tablespoon cinnamon I go with a tablespoon because I love a lot of cinnamon flavor
- ½ tablespoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Whisk the olive oil with the cinnamon and sea salt
- Add the squash to the large bowl and toss until fully coated
- Spread the coated squash in a large glass or ceramic baking dish and bake for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Herb-Roasted Sheet Pan Chicken with Potatoes and Green Beans - February 8, 2021
- 50 Easy Breakfast Meal Prep Recipes - February 3, 2021
- Healthy Mixed Berry Smoothie - February 1, 2021