This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
A simple Paleo-friendly recipe for easy roasted butternut squash made with olive oil, cinnamon and sea salt.
I love roasted anything, especially vegetables. It brings out the flavor of whatever you’re cooking and makes vegetables more palatable for picky eaters. If you’ve never tried veggies roasted, then you are in for a real treat!
This roasted butternut squash recipe is easy to make and uses only a few simple ingredients. The cinnamon gives this dish the best flavor. You can sometimes find butternut squash already peeled and cubed, which would make prep for this dish a breeze. Chopping the squash is the only tricky part, but I’m sharing some tips to make your life a little bit easier.
How To Cut Butternut Squash
Start by slicing off the ends of the squash. Next, with a good sharp peeler, peel the curvy squash before slicing. Hold the squash firmly on one end and slice the squash in half. Next, slice the squash into 1-inch rings. Then you’ll slice into rectangles and then into chunks. A good sharp knife is essential to make this process much easier.
The prep for this recipe only takes as long as it takes to slice the squash. If you can find it precut for convenience, you’ve got a wholesome side dish recipe that’s a cinch to throw together. It makes a great holiday side dish that’s a good source of Vitamin A, potassium and fiber.
Easy Roasted Butternut Squash
- 6 cups of cubed butternut squash
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil *can also use coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Whisk the olive oil with the cinnamon and sea salt
- Add the squash to the large bowl and toss until fully coated
- Spread the coated squash in a large glass or ceramic baking dish and bake for 45 minutes to an hour.
Latest posts by Amee Livingston (see all)
- The Best Baked Brie with Apricot Jam & Almonds - December 3, 2019
- Amazing Green Bean Casserole From Scratch - November 24, 2019
- Applewood Bacon-Wrapped Venison Loin with Raspberry Sauce - November 15, 2019